lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
bigphil76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Identify my cart

I recently purchased a what I believe to be a 2001.5 ezgo TXT model L101 with a 4 bolt steering shaft. My question is did this cart come with 36v stock? Im completely new to golf carts and have no idea. It is 48v with 6 8v trojan batteries and a 48v lestronic II charger. but it has a charge receptacle just like my friends 36v. it looks like a D and has 2 prongs. I have done some internet searching and from what I have found 48v carts don't have this kind of receptacle. the cart runs fine and FAST but when I charge the cord and handle get hot. not hot where you cant touch it but not warm either. any suggestions or advise?
bigphil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Identify my cart

Your cart was originally a 36v, and has been upgraded. The old version of txt plug for 48v was a rectangle with a notch that prevents the 36v plug from fitting (48v texts were usually limos or work carts).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
bigphil76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so its fine to keep this set up? no need to change the receptacle? the batteries have a date code of A4 so im guessing 2004 because no way in H these batteries are 3 years old. a lot of acid build up on the terminals, might need a good cleaning.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #4
bigphil76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Both the receptacle and the plug are rusted on the male and femal ends. is it cheaper to just replace both? would this hinder a good charge?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You can get just the brass terminals to repair your plugs. Also batteries virtually never last more than 10 years, 5-6 years is average.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I think the batts may be 2014, not 2004?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO