lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2021, 08:48 PM   #1
DM3
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas for Icon!

Had the new Navitas controller for Icon EV/Advanced EV golf carts installed. Please like or subscribe on the actual YouTube video itself. Thanks in advance! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSvz_nyeb30

Last edited by DM3; 06-29-2021 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: Forgot link
DM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
Itech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Navitas for Icon!

have any more info on the on the fly programmer? make/model or where purchased?
Itech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:24 AM   #3
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM3 View Post
Had the new Navitas controller for Icon EV/Advanced EV golf carts installed. Please like or subscribe on the actual YouTube video itself. Thanks in advance! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSvz_nyeb30
Possibly have a link on where you purchased this?
jimbrooks333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #4
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

did you just do away with the controller box that came stock? When I started installing mine last weekend the 600a wouldn't fit in the box that the NEOS was in...curious if you just removed and chucked it, and the holes don't line up for the Navitas either, but I didn't bother with the mounting plate so I'm hoping that will bolt in then the naviatas to that plate...were there any issues with any of that? Trying again tonoght to get the new controller in if you have some more info on the install.
sgremp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:34 PM   #5
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Hey I just gave another go installing this navitas 600a. Still problems. I removed the box that protects it which I’m not crazy about, it’s got to be there for a reason, but figured ok I can live without I guess. After doing so, the holes don’t line up to directly mount, which I knew from my first attempt so nothing new there. I figured without the box it would fit but it doesn’t, because of the 30a fuse mounts, and the solenoid mounting brackets, the holes every so slightly are Blocked by the navitas plate it came with for mounting. I thought maybe I could just shave off a little where those holes are but then there’s still the little bit of space the mounting brackets for the fuse and the solenoid take up, and then I would be running into cutting down to the holes to mount the navitas on the plate it came with…also seemed like a lot of effort since this is supposedly made for the icon, it should fit in better I would think. Did you run into any issue like that? Did you tap new holes, relocate anything, or did I just get a defective icon and the holes weren’t mounted exactly right from the manufacturer? Would like to see a picture of your controller mounted in the cart to get an idea if your setup inside looks any different if you could share…I looked at the video you sent but didn’t have any shots from under the hood.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:52 PM   #6
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgremp View Post
Hey I just gave another go installing this navitas 600a. Still problems. I removed the box that protects it which I’m not crazy about, it’s got to be there for a reason, but figured ok I can live without I guess. After doing so, the holes don’t line up to directly mount, which I knew from my first attempt so nothing new there. I figured without the box it would fit but it doesn’t, because of the 30a fuse mounts, and the solenoid mounting brackets, the holes every so slightly are Blocked by the navitas plate it came with for mounting. I thought maybe I could just shave off a little where those holes are but then there’s still the little bit of space the mounting brackets for the fuse and the solenoid take up, and then I would be running into cutting down to the holes to mount the navitas on the plate it came with…also seemed like a lot of effort since this is supposedly made for the icon, it should fit in better I would think. Did you run into any issue like that? Did you tap new holes, relocate anything, or did I just get a defective icon and the holes weren’t mounted exactly right from the manufacturer? Would like to see a picture of your controller mounted in the cart to get an idea if your setup inside looks any different if you could share…I looked at the video you sent but didn’t have any shots from under the hood.
I received my controller today and will also be installing tomorrow! I will document the install as best as i can and write a post up if i can get it! Keep posted!!
Old 07-18-2021, 09:00 AM   #7
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Middle of install now. 100% need to move everything inside controller box to mount the Navitas controller. Will post some pictures once done
Old 07-18-2021, 03:13 PM   #8
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Got it all installed. Now cart wont move at all. Key turns on, dash lights up, nothing. Download navitas app and it finds the controller via bluetooth. So i connected and there isnt any errors or warnings at all. Pictures below of how i had to install the fuse and solenoid differently. And also pictures of the install. I tried to take them as i moved along the best i could

Im charging the batterys now in hopes of that being the issue. Also left message to navitas for a call back. Really hope i dont have to take the navitas controller out. That was a nightmare like you said to install.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #9
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

https://ibb.co/RH9N0mT
https://ibb.co/2Mh1bHM
https://ibb.co/NFT0Dpv
https://ibb.co/XJbmphz
Old 07-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #10
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info! Hope you get it working, going at this again next weekend myself…can’t wait haha.

Tags
controller, i60l, lithium, navitas, navitas controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon