lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2022, 06:33 AM   #1
Davisc
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax throttle question

Okay guys I am new here and new to golf carts. I have a 93 or 94 Marathon I am currently looking at upgrading it and converting to 48v with an Alltrax 48600 kit with upgraded solenoid and sw2022 switch. When selecting the controller it wants a throttle option. Options are 0-5k aka marathon 36v or marathon on 48v. Which do I need to select. I will be upgrading to 48 volts but do I still need to select the 36 0-5k option for throttle. Or go ahead and select the 48v option because that’s what it “will” be. Also if I select the wrong option can this later be changed in the set up on the laptop? Thanks for any and all help.
Davisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2022, 06:43 AM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax throttle question

First off I think you have a resistor cart so you’ll have to convert to solid state. Check with ScottyB, he’ll be helpful in getting you set up with the right parts the first time.
Capt. Lenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 06:58 AM   #3
Davisc
Not Yet Wild

I’m pretty sure it’s a series cart
Old 03-26-2022, 07:01 AM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Now that I think about it, Marathon’s were made 1975-1993 and all were series carts with solid state starting around 1991. I would still check with ScottyB at cartsunlimited.net
Capt. Lenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:12 AM   #5
Davisc
Not Yet Wild

I have been emailing him back and forth that’s where I am ordering the stuff from just need to know on that one thing and I can get it all coming
Old 03-26-2022, 02:03 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Since the Alltrax SR48600 controller doesn't differentiate between 36V and 48V throttles, I'm not sure why Scotty has the choice on his website.

The way I read the specs (an art-form I'm good at), if 0-5k is selected than you are good to go with a battery pack voltage from 12V up to about 60V.

On the other hand, Scotty has a conversion kit for upgrading a resistor drive to a controller drive that replaces the wiper board with a pedal with an electronic throttle and those may come in 36V and 48V flavors.

Are you upgrading a controller drive Marathon or a resistor drive Marathon?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR Specs page.jpg (234.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 09:14 AM   #7
Davisc
Not Yet Wild

I ordered the 48600 kit solenoid and the conversion to upgrade the fr switch to the toggle upgraded 2ga wires. Hope it all works out well.

Tags
0-5k, alltrax, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO