lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
tommyboy7
Not Yet Wild

Default Help With Identifying EZ-GO 22

Hello All! Thank you for your wonderful forums!

A few weeks ago I purchased an E-Z-GO 22 golf cart for my elderly father from his neighbor – to help him get up and down a wicked hill. The man from whom I purchased the golf cart said that he had the general / service manual, and original paperwork for me, and would gladly give them to me when he found them. He also promised to show me how to run it, and do general maintenance. Well, as luck would have it, he disappeared back to California before he could pass on / give me the promised “insight.” Great "tail light" warranty - but the price was right.

Based on some of the knowledge garnered here, I have found the Serial Number and Manufacture Code (B3090). From here though, I am totally lost – as I don't pretend to be too mechanically inclined.

I am wondering if someone can enlighten me as to what golf cart I actually have, and if there might be a service manual out there for this particular model. As mentioned, I don't pretend to be too mechanically inclined, and when I went to add gas yesterday noticed that on this model I may have to mix gas and oil, and there are two gas tanks (one large, one small). Very confusing.

Any and all help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance for your time.

Frank
East Troy, WI
tommyboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help With Identifying EZ-GO 22

you have a 90 model marathon 2 stroke. Yes the oil and gas are mixed, but I tell all my customers to pre-mix the oil/gas and pour it in the big tank. the injector pumps are bad about going out and this will cause the eng to lock up due to being run without of oil.

the big tank is for gas and the little tank is for oil.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
tommyboy7
Not Yet Wild

"COURTESYCART,"

Thank you so much for the reply. I just noticed that the little tank is for oil - someone broke the cap and replaced it with one that made it appear to be a second gas tank.

If I may ask a couple of questions:
1. What is the proper gas / oil ratio for this engine, especially if I "abandon" the oil tank?
2. Do you know where I can find a service manual for this model?

Thanks again for your help and guidance.

Be well,
Frank
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

I do 1oz. of oil per 1 gallon of gas. Seems to work good.
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
gulffer1
Gone Wild

Welcome Tommyboy! Post some pics
gulffer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Check with some of the site sponsors and/or google and you will find a manual to buy. UNfortunately there is not a manual posted here in this site that I am aware of. Your engine is the 3PG 2 cycle and should be 250cc. I would invest in the manual as it will serve you well in keeping up with that cart.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
tommyboy7
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone. I will certainly invest in the manual.

Now, may I ask where do people like to go for things like replacement seats, and other goodies?

This cart has definitely got some "miles" on it.

I'll post some pictures next time I'm over at my dad's house.

Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
tommyboy7
Not Yet Wild

Oh and another dumb question, that I couldn't figure out with a quick search of the foruwms:

The cart says: EZ-GO 22

I assume(d) that this means it is Manufactured by EZ-GO and the model is "22".

With your help though, you have identified it as a "1990 Marathon With 3PG 2 cycle and should be 250cc"

I don't claim to be the brightest star in the sky, so I'll just ask: What does the Marathon have to do with this? And what does 3PG mean?

Thanks again / in advance for your help and insights.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
gulffer1
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy7 View Post
Hello All! Thank you for your wonderful forums!

A few weeks ago I purchased an E-Z-GO 22 golf cart for my elderly father from his neighbor – to help him get up and down a wicked hill. The man from whom I purchased the golf cart said that he had the general / service manual, and original paperwork for me, and would gladly give them to me when he found them. He also promised to show me how to run it, and do general maintenance. Well, as luck would have it, he disappeared back to California before he could pass on / give me the promised “insight.” Great "tail light" warranty - but the price was right.

Based on some of the knowledge garnered here, I have found the Serial Number and Manufacture Code (B3090). From here though, I am totally lost – as I don't pretend to be too mechanically inclined.

I am wondering if someone can enlighten me as to what golf cart I actually have, and if there might be a service manual out there for this particular model. As mentioned, I don't pretend to be too mechanically inclined, and when I went to add gas yesterday noticed that on this model I may have to mix gas and oil, and there are two gas tanks (one large, one small). Very confusing.

Any and all help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance for your time.

Frank
East Troy, WI

That means it is a 90 model, which for EZ GO, was the Marathon years still.
gulffer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy7 View Post
Oh and another dumb question, that I couldn't figure out with a quick search of the foruwms:

The cart says: EZ-GO 22

I assume(d) that this means it is Manufactured by EZ-GO and the model is "22".
I'm guessing 22 is on the side of the cart, that was the number given it by the golf course so they could tell it apart from 21 and 23.
With your help though, you have identified it as a "1990 Marathon With 3PG 2 cycle and should be 250cc"

I don't claim to be the brightest star in the sky, so I'll just ask: What does the Marathon have to do with this? And what does 3PG mean?
Marathon is the model, 3pg is what type of engine it has
Thanks again / in advance for your help and insights.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO