lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas Controller Upgrade

New owner of a 2011 Club Car Precedent. Has a lift and 23" wheels, stock controller, motor, etc. Considering upgrading the controller to get a little more speed -- currently get about 14-15mph.

I know many are big on Alltrax, but don't have a Windows computer to program and like that Navitas has an app so I lock the cart or tune down the speed for kids and whatnot, so I'm leaning to go that route.

My question regarding the Navitas controllers is which size (440 or 600 amp) should I get and would I still be able to configure the settings properly for my cart if I'm not a dealer (would order online)?

I still have lead acid batteries, but plan to upgrade to lithium at some point in the future -- not sure about upgrading the motor yet. Is there a big difference between 440 or 600 if only using the cart in light driving around neighborhood streets? Distance would be limited (less than 5 miles), but my goal is to be able to reach around 25 mph some day.

Lastly, would I be able to tune down both of these controller myself via the app to protect my battery and motor, which are not designed for the high performance?

As always, appreciate the feedback!
cc_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2023, 11:04 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas Controller Upgrade

Don't think you are limited to Neverlast I mean Navitas just because you don't have a windows PC.
Alltrax has an app that allows users to adjust all of its settings including max speed, throttle response rate, max battery draw, max armature amperage and more using any smart phone android or iphone.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:42 AM   #3
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

With the navitas you do have the ability to adjust all the stuff yourself. If you are doing the install yourself you can just call navitas and they will walk you through it. I went with the 440 on my cart because I do not have a lift. When I first got it I was also still on FLA. I have since upgraded to lithium and the controller has shined even further with that upgrade as well.

I went with the navitas because there was a localish shop that could get it for me and was cheaper and more available then the Alltrax. When I purchased was peak covid so alot of stuff was out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_newb View Post
New owner of a 2011 Club Car Precedent. Has a lift and 23" wheels, stock controller, motor, etc. Considering upgrading the controller to get a little more speed -- currently get about 14-15mph.

I know many are big on Alltrax, but don't have a Windows computer to program and like that Navitas has an app so I lock the cart or tune down the speed for kids and whatnot, so I'm leaning to go that route.

My question regarding the Navitas controllers is which size (440 or 600 amp) should I get and would I still be able to configure the settings properly for my cart if I'm not a dealer (would order online)?

I still have lead acid batteries, but plan to upgrade to lithium at some point in the future -- not sure about upgrading the motor yet. Is there a big difference between 440 or 600 if only using the cart in light driving around neighborhood streets? Distance would be limited (less than 5 miles), but my goal is to be able to reach around 25 mph some day.

Lastly, would I be able to tune down both of these controller myself via the app to protect my battery and motor, which are not designed for the high performance?

As always, appreciate the feedback!
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:31 PM   #4
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Great.....thoughts on the difference of getting 440 or 600amp for the fairly little price difference?
Old 05-19-2023, 12:33 PM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_newb View Post
Great.....thoughts on the difference of getting 440 or 600amp for the fairly little price difference?
Could have a benefit for you with your cart. It did not make sense for me on mine. If you do not plan to upgrade the motor in the future I would stick with the 440a. If you do plan to upgrade the motor and plan to keep the lift and large tires then I Would go with the 600a
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 05:01 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Go with the 440a, there is no big difference to the 600a, if any. Same speed.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:14 PM   #7
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Jason - when upgrading to the 440 did you upgrade cables and solenoid as well? Or still stock?
Old 05-27-2023, 08:45 AM   #8
dolfan13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I purchased my Navitas from Golf Carts Modified. The kit comes with new cables however they have a selection of different color cables you can upgrade to. I bought the 5kw kit and my CC DS went from 13 to 30plus. Once it got to 30 I got worried. Only driven it a couple of times since the upgrade. Working on stopping the cart now…lol
dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car