lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2023, 09:26 AM   #1
dtrevor
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Marathon Electric - pedal to speed to adjust

I have been working on a project 1994 Marathon Electric 36v cart. There were a bunch of parts I replaced because they tested bad. These include the Solenoid, Pot, and Controller, batteries and cables. Basically all is new except for the F/R switch, key switch and motor. This morning I finally got it working when I replaced the controller but I noticed that I get the highest speed by only depressing the pedal half way. Any further the cart bogs down. I've been looking at the rods that go from the pedal to the pot and while I can make some adjustments I'm not sure if this will help. Currently when I depress the pedal about half an inch the solenoid clicks and the cart starts to move. I like this response as I don't have to press very hard to start moving. Having said that, I'd like the highest speed to be when the pedal is all the way forward.

1. Is there an issue with the new Pot or is this typical and I should just adjust the pedal so that the first half of the depress does essentially nothing?
2. Or, maybe I should add an extension to the pedal stop so that it will only depress half way.

I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they solved it. Thanks in advance.
dtrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2023, 09:47 AM   #2
dtrevor
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Marathon Electric - pedal to speed to adjust

Some more info to go along with the above. I used my ohm meter to test the leads from pot to the controller. When pedal is not depressed (on the meter 20k setting) I get 1.08 ohms. With the pedal fully depressed I get 8.19 with no dead spots.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:51 AM   #3
dtrevor
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Marathon Electric - pedal to speed to adjust

I thought I'd post this in case anyone else has the same issue. I fixed the issue. Since the Pot wasn't starting at 0 ohms when at rest. I loosened the screw that holds the lever to the post on the pot. I adjusted the post until my meter read 0 ohms and tightened the screw. Now it goes from 0 to 6 when the pedal is depressed. At full pedal I get full speed now.

Tags
adjust, marathon, pedal, speed, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO