lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default fuses

have a 2006 club car Precent and hooked up a light kit once i pulled the switch to turn lights on it blew a fuse i have checked all that i see does anyone know where they are all at fuses? i have no pwer at all to the cart
shatteredglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredglass View Post
have a 2006 club car Precent and hooked up a light kit once i pulled the switch to turn lights on it blew a fuse i have checked all that i see does anyone know where they are all at fuses? i have no pwer at all to the cart
Under the seat, then under the cover between the batteries are two closed fuse holders on the end of wires. I believe it's the blue lead for the lights but just check them both to be sure.

By the way it sounds like it wasn't a factory light kit since they use existing wiring harnesses. That fuse should not have blown and it might be that you have something wired wrong.

Don't forget to let us know what you find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0876.jpg (125.1 KB, 16 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok i have check and they are not blown from the looks of it any other ideals yes this was a kit they just plugged in back and then front and then dash just hook up to plugs and then the fuse from blue wire to red wire on battery is there a phone number i can call to have walk threw help :)
Old 04-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Ok i have check and they are not blown from the looks of it any other ideals yes this was a kit they just plugged in back and then front and then dash just hook up to plugs and then the fuse from blue wire to red wire on battery is there a phone number i can call to have walk threw help :)

If you have no power to the cart then one of those fuses is blown or possibly worse. Replace them both and remove the wire hookup from your lights and see if you have power back to the cart before you go forward with your light install.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

the fuses look and i even replced them i unhooked the light kit and still have the power so not sure what muy next steop should be to find out what is wrong
Old 04-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
the fuses look and i even replced them i unhooked the light kit and still have the power so not sure what muy next steop should be to find out what is wrong

I can't quite understand what you just said:

Did you replace both fuses?

Do you now have power to the cart?

Or is your cart still dead after you replaced fuses and removed the wiring harness for the light kit?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

ok now have power to the cart but it looks like it blew the bulbs head light and taillight ? i hooked everything up the way it said harniss and all so not sure how the kit convets to 12 volt on a 48 volt system?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Was your light kit a ( FACTORY ITEM ) or aftermarket kit? If it was a factory kit you might be able to get replacement repair parts IF wiring diagram was wrong ( GOOD LUCK )? It sounds like you have an incorrect connection that allows 48 volts to your 12 volt light system. If that is the case you will need to replace all bulbs and if used the flasher unit? Do you have a digital meter that you can use to confirm this problem by hooking to wiring on light switch back?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
ok now have power to the cart but it looks like it blew the bulbs head light and taillight ? i hooked everything up the way it said harniss and all so not sure how the kit convets to 12 volt on a 48 volt system?
Where did you take the power from for your light kit? You have 4 12v batteries and you should have used battery number 4, (passenger side front battery for both 12+ and 12 -. There is a blue lead already there for the 12v + off that battery. The grounding lead should come from that same batteries negative post if using an aftermarket kit.

Did you take the power off of the ignition switch which is 48v by mistake?

My kit has LED's for the rear taillight and halogens for the front.

As Old Mec says... first determine where you are pulling your power from, and you might be able to just replace the bulbs and flasher if aftermarket kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1189.jpg (109.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok update the wiring instructions said to hook to the red wire on number 4 battery and the red wire was on battery 1 what hooked to the red since it said red making a big 48volts goto them lights they blew i did get 2 new bulbs for front and works after i moved the wire to the number 4 battery blue wire so i sure hope they update there instructions to hook to blue wire plus the rear light are LED so they pretty much junk now ? thanks for all the help and if ever hooking a light kit up without a DC convertor use number 4 battery blue wire not red number 1 even thou it says red wire on 4 live and learn i guess
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car