lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
vanphill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Trailer Hitch

As you can see from my profile picture taken at the Ohio State Trap Shoot three weeks ago, I take this "Colts" decorated Club Car to Shooting events as it can be taken out to the trap line loaded with our shooting gear.

As I dive long distances to shoots, I have purchased one of the Lock-it Rite Systems (formerly Louisiana Guard Dog) which secures the cart when in my pickup bed to the trailer hitch mounted on the cart thus replacing straps that rub the finish. I also have the hitch for the PRECEDENT Golf Cart, which naturally didn't come with any instructions for installation. Clearly the hitch mount attaches to the leaf spring bolts. But, I'm hesitant of loosening the suspension bolts without more information.

Does anyone have instructions and a diagram for mounting the hitch plate? Or, failing that have any advice from having installed one? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Van
vanphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trailer Hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanphill View Post
As you can see from my profile picture taken at the Ohio State Trap Shoot three weeks ago, I take this "Colts" decorated Club Car to Shooting events as it can be taken out to the trap line loaded with our shooting gear.

As I dive long distances to shoots, I have purchased one of the Lock-it Rite Systems (formerly Louisiana Guard Dog) which secures the cart when in my pickup bed to the trailer hitch mounted on the cart thus replacing straps that rub the finish. I also have the hitch for the PRECEDENT Golf Cart, which naturally didn't come with any instructions for installation. Clearly the hitch mount attaches to the leaf spring bolts. But, I'm hesitant of loosening the suspension bolts without more information.

Does anyone have instructions and a diagram for mounting the hitch plate? Or, failing that have any advice from having installed one? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Van
I thought the Precedent hitches bolted to the frame??
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is yours like this?

yhst-38413512481157_2217_1330465.jpg
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
vanphill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yes! The very same!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
vanphill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

BTW, The leaf spring end does bolt to the frame and this would fit inside of the springs on the same bolts. I'm just wondering what happens if you loosen those bolts up.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
vanphill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The hitch did come with 4 new longer bolts.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
mcsewnab
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I installed the same hitch. I just jacked up the rear to take the weight off and removed the bolts. There wasn't any tension, the new bolts went right in.

I love the hitch. I only use it when moving my trailer from the back yard to the truck or when I transport the cart, I hook the tow straps to it. Either way it works as expected.
mcsewnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
vanphill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

@mcsewnab: Thanks, that was just what I wanted to know!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
vanphill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

@mcsewnab: Based upon your advice it worked fine, and the Louisiana Guard Dog arrangement really locks it into the bed of the pick-up. I would recommend it for anyone who travels with a cart that way. The ramps fit over the vertical and with locking hitch pins - nothing can be stolen.

vanphill

Tags
installing hitch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car