lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Bdazz
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 Gas Club Car Starting/RPM? Problem

Hey there, just joined hoping you all can help me out...

I got a 97 Gas CC that is giving me trouble taking off. I've had it for about a year and it has ran great and all of a sudden one day in the middle of driving it, it just cut out.

Now when I press the pedal (reverse or forward), the engine turns over, but not enough to engage the clutch it seems. I've changed the air filter with my other 97 CC and pulled the gas line after the filters, and everything looks fine, but still nothing. I'm not real fmailiar with the carb so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Thanks
Josh
Bdazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Gas Club Car Starting/RPM? Problem

It sounds as though your starter is just turning the motor over. do you have spark? is teh plug wet with fuel?

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
johnscram
Gone Wild

yes i agree it does sound like that is the pump up to it highest point i was having a problem like this and i moved my fuel pump up higher and it started right up
johnscram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Bdazz..............

I'm with Aaron on this one. Sounds to me like the starter is turning the engine but the engine is not firing and running.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
johnscram
Gone Wild

yes but why isnt it starting try testing your spark. pull the spark plug out and plug the black wire to it and hold to the top of the cylinder and press the gas and see if it sparks and then let us know
johnscram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

josh, put the cart in maintence mode so you can run it in nueltral and either with a spark tester or by pulling the plug and puttin the plug wire back on and lay the plug against the engine and crank it over to see if you have spark.......if not theres a good chance its the coil.............if you have spark than put the plug back in and take the fuel line off where it connects to the carb ......crank engine see if its pumping fuel if not your problem is between the fuel filters or fuel pump but if its pumping fuel than it could be the carb......that year didn,t have the greatest of carbs so i wouldn,t be surprised, if it is the carb you,ll need to take it off tear it down and reall go over it.............but check those things and see what you come up with.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
agsbill
Getting Wild
Club Car

[oooooooooooo

Last edited by agsbill; 09-13-2008 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: I was drinking Scotch...
agsbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:29 AM   #8
Bdazz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for your help with this!! I will check the plug first and see if that works...I've checked the fuel after the filters and that seems to be fine. I'll check the spark and if that's not it, well, looks like I'll be tearing into the carb. Thanks again everyone and I'll let you know what happens by the weekend.

Thanks
Josh
Bdazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car