lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
hatchdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Carb Issue

Guys I rebuilt my yamaha G1 from top to bottom. It runs fine but im still having a few small issues with what seems to be the carb.

One issue is that on the side of the carb it has a small little pipe that im assuming is an overflow. It drips gas when its opened to full throttle. Is this common or is there something missing? And just so you know i have been through the carb several times and all jets are clean.

Also it seems like it may be starving for air, I can take the air filter off and it seems to run like it should, i put the pipe back on and it seems to run fine but just not open up like it does without the airfilter pipe which leads me to believe its not breathing properly. I looked at the main jet and it had 32A stamped on the jet.

Lastly, off subject, have any of you put the heavier torque spring in your secondary clutch? if so does it affect top speed or just help with starting and pulling?

Thank you all for the knowledge you provide to those of us who are new and learning.
hatchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Carb Issue

The heavier spring gives more torque for starting and pulling, but doesn't affect the top speed.

The overflow pipe should have a hose connected to it and routed to empty the contents under the cart.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
hatchdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 Carb Issue

Thanks but only problem is that the over flow pipe out the side doesn't have a hole in the end but rather on the side so if it were to have a line connected it couldn't drain. I think i fixed it but i just cant get the cart to open up and run as its intended. Really frustrated.
hatchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha