lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #11
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally added front disc brakes

Is this what you're after? Spindle is like 3.25" plus a 1.5" spacer. Not sure if that spacer is OEM or something TerraToys added.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180331_103637796_HDR.jpg (80.5 KB, 0 views)
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2018, 06:23 PM   #12
drchop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You are a fine fellow! Thanks!!
drchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #13
atr42flyer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
Is this what you're after? Spindle is like 3.25" plus a 1.5" spacer. Not sure if that spacer is OEM or something TerraToys added.
Air Junky, I live i liberty lake also, would you be willing to let me take a look at your brake setup? I think we are fairly close as live off of Garry. I have a Rhox BMF 7" lift and want to see if I can make the jakes work before buying.

Cheers
atr42flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 PM   #14
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post Re: Finally added front disc brakes

Ha! Right on! I just sent you a PM & left you a voicemail. Give me a call sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr42flyer View Post
Air Junky, I live i liberty lake also, would you be willing to let me take a look at your brake setup? I think we are fairly close as live off of Garry. I have a Rhox BMF 7" lift and want to see if I can make the jakes work before buying.

Cheers
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #15
drchop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Please keep me in the loop if the disc brake kit can be made to work easily with the RHOX lift kit.
Thanks!!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #16
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
I've been putting it off for over a year now. Finally pulled the trigger. Pretty nice kit Jake's has put together, new spindles, cool adapter for the stock pedal to support both the new front hydraulics & the rear mechanical brakes (I have the Ausco rear discs), and the funny thing is that the calipers are actually made by Wilwood.

Joe Bob says two thumbs way up!

A couple pics I took along the way.....
I wanted disc brakes all the way around, but hydraulic with a real parking brake.
You are correct the calipers are made by WilWood, I bought there "Hydra-Mechanical" rear calipers. I used a WilWood tandem master cylinder to pump them up. I have an old school parking brake lever. I had to install 2psi residual pressure valves in the brake lines so it wouldn't loose its "pedal". I made all of the parts - caliper supports and master cylinder mount and pedal. I had to machine the caliper studs - don't screw up - there 15.00 a piece to replace and I had to get 4.
Now I have a rebuilt differential with 8 to 1 gears and a modified shift shaft that has a neutral slot machined into it for a positive position lock. Just finished it last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5470.JPG (226.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5492.JPG (237.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5544.JPG (233.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5582.JPG (224.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5378.JPG (232.9 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #17
drchop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Shepard.. do you have part numbers for the rear calipers and rotors? I would appreciate if you would be so kind as to share your knowledge with me.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:43 AM   #18
finleybabb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I wanted disc brakes all the way around, but hydraulic with a real parking brake.
You are correct the calipers are made by WilWood, I bought there "Hydra-Mechanical" rear calipers. I used a WilWood tandem master cylinder to pump them up. I have an old school parking brake lever. I had to install 2psi residual pressure valves in the brake lines so it wouldn't loose its "pedal". I made all of the parts - caliper supports and master cylinder mount and pedal. I had to machine the caliper studs - don't screw up - there 15.00 a piece to replace and I had to get 4.
Now I have a rebuilt differential with 8 to 1 gears and a modified shift shaft that has a neutral slot machined into it for a positive position lock. Just finished it last night.
could you give a parts list with purchase locations??
finleybabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO