lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2019, 09:41 PM   #21
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 TXT look what i picked up last night!

good info thanks! i will try tomarow. i checked the solonid like a garden tractor. hot and ground to the small studs with a multi meeter on oms to the big ones=no countinity
Bondohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2019, 09:57 PM   #22
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Yes, it would be nice to hear it spin over. Your test should work.

I use jumper wires to test these solenoids. One end to small ground post and other end 12 volts. It should click when you touch these wires. Better yet it should turn your S/G
Many times people change these solenoids and twist the small terminals inside and it breaks contact. You have to hold that small nut with a very thin 5/16th end wrench to keep from breaking them if the male ends are gone. Hope yours are still there.
EZGO put male terminals on these solenoids to keep people from breaking them when changing out things like ignitors and regulators.

Don't give up yet. I am trying to save you some money plus you can say you rebuilt this engine. I know you have already been looking at larger tires and a lift kit
If you do go with a clone them you can sell this engine piece by piece here. People are always looking for cylinder heads , camshafts, crankshafts, timing gears and so on.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #23
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

trig... dude thanks for the support. i do need to save some $$$
here is the test from the manual im going to barrow a better multimeeter and try it again
Testing the Ignition Coil
Set the meter to the ohms scale, measure the resistance between both primary wire terminals and between
the secondary wires (Ref Fig. 3 on page M-5). A normal
reading would be: Primary (+ and -): 1.87 - 2.53 W and
Secondary (A and B): 10.8 - 14.6KΩ. If readings
obtained are out of the above ranges, replace ignition
co
Old 10-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #24
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

here nis the manual
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf
electrical is in L section
Old 10-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #25
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Did you get it to spin over when pushing gas pedal ?
Old 10-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #26
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Did you get it to spin over when pushing gas pedal ?
No i did the test on the coil
primary: tolarence 1.87 -2.53 actual 3.4
Secondary tolerance 10.8-14.6k actual 29.85k
Pulser coil tolerance 433.5-586.5 actual 19.8
Cant find my fealer guage to set the valves but will get another one. Compression in both cyl around 30lbs
Solenoid clicks but when you use the multimeter you get nothing. I have seen them click on a lawn mower before and still be bad

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2019, 11:17 PM   #27
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

primary: tolarence 1.87 -2.53 actual 3.4 that is fine. I doubt your coil is bad.
Secondary tolerance 10.8-14.6k actual 29.85k
Pulser coil tolerance 433.5-586.5 actual 19.8 Wouldn't worry about that right now
When you get it to turn over connect a meter to two wires going to pulser coil under fan cover. Set the meter on the lowest scale on AC voltage. It should generate a 1/2 volt AC if good which it probably is.
Cant find my fealer guage to set the valves but will get another one. Compression in both cyl around 30lbs Not good. Get it to turn over using the starter making sure your throttle plate is wide open in carburetor when testing. You can feel the rocker arms with your hand to see if they are too tight. I think you may have bigger problems but test the compression again using S/G with throttle wide open

Solenoid clicks but when you use the multimeter you get nothing. I have seen them click on a lawn mower before and still be bad When it clicks just check with meter to see if power is going through it and sending 12 volts to /SG
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO