lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2019, 11:13 PM   #1
samsquanch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT Gas Cap And Tank Pressure

Hello again. Last week I noticed a problem with my cart. After driving around the carb appeared to be seeping some fuel from the float bowl, or overflow vent. Not much, but enough to stink. No big deal, kind of figured I needed a carb kit anyway. Then I pulled the gas cap and noticed the tank seemed to be under quite a bit of pressure. Enough so that it would force fuel past the float needle.

When I was first getting this cart running I blew threw the vent on the cap and it seemed slightly restricted, and possibly a one way valve into the tank if I remember correctly. Didn't really think much of it then.

I could see them doing this for emissions or some crap, but the tank seems way too pressurized for my liking.

Is the fuel cap suppose to seal vapor inside the tank? Just curious before I drill a little vent hole.
samsquanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2019, 05:11 AM   #2
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Gas Cap And Tank Pressure

It needs to vent both ways... in so that the fuel can flow out... and out so that your tank doesn’t blow out when the temps rise or force unwanted amounts of fuel into your carb... the emissions freaks will just have to find a way to cope with the reality that your cart is an existential threat to all life on planet earth
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:51 AM   #3
samsquanch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is what I figured. Time to clear the clog.

I wouldn't put it past the epa to mandate some weird fuel vent system. Look what they did to a simple old gas can.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #4
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post
That is what I figured. Time to clear the clog.

I wouldn't put it past the epa to mandate some weird fuel vent system. Look what they did to a simple old gas can.
Exactly... and thank god for after market gas can vents
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

For a quick fix, you could always drill a little 1/8" hole in the top of the gas cap. Itll vent fine after that :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #6
samsquanch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ended up reverse engineering the fuel cap. Turns out there was some spring loaded one way valve type stuff in there. It was only letting a little bit of air in, and none out unless it was turned sideways. Problem solved. No more excessive fuel smell.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO