lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #11
criddifer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Spark at top and bottom of pedal then nothing

The battery is in correctly I double checked that and the pulser coil was only reading .002 so I went ahead and changed it to the only thing left to do is check around for shorts at this point thanks for all the suggestions and sorry if I didn't get back to everyone that helped
criddifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #12
rpinto21
Not Yet Wild

Hey Guys, I have a 1999 EZ go TXT with same exact problem. I have a spark tester and only see the light when I initially press the pedal then once again when I let off the pedal. I replaced the coil and ignitor thinking that was the issue. I checked the wiring harness and found one wire leading to the coil had resistance and 12 volts was not getting to the coil. I replaced that wire but still the same problem. I did as described here and tested the pulsar for volts and see .196 volts AC when I crank the motor. I checked my ground connections and they all seem fine. My issue started happening all of a sudden one night. We went to move the cart and it would just crank. It seemed to be a little intermittent at times. If I left the cart overinight then cranked it in the morning it would start at once or twice then nothing. Seems that it will not start at all now. I am considering buying a new Harness Control as the wires may all need replacing..for $53. if you think I can get it anywhere cheaper let me know...Thanks in advance
rpinto21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:38 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
It sounds like another case of throw everything new on and cross your fingers. It's a shame we could not advise before this was done, we may have saved him dollars. I am not sure you can still buy oem ignitors or is that just in the UK?
We can still get them here Cartmaster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ignitor ezgo.jpg (261.1 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO