lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #1
j13smiley
Not Yet Wild

Default can anyone help identify motor and year please?

When I bought this cart, I was told it was a 2005 ST Sport. Someplace I got the serial number of 2336175. (is a sport the same as a workhorse?)

I'm trying to get a shop manual so I'm trying to make sure I have the right info. I've not been able to find an ID tag anywhere (glove box, etc). Can anyone help identify year / model / engine type please?

It does have the 3 bolt steering column which I know helps narrow down some years. I know that age range also has 2 motors I think. I've attached some pics I'm hoping someone can use to identify for me.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171019_180452.jpg (244.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200906_195107.jpg (293.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200906_195156.jpg (255.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200906_195214.jpg (202.1 KB, 0 views)
j13smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: can anyone help identify motor and year please?

Look on the cross rail above the motor for a sticker. If not there an Ezgo dealer should be able to look up that number. Depends on what parts you need but most txt parts will fit. That said your front suspension is the old style pre 2001 so remember that when purchasing.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #3
j13smiley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Look on the cross rail above the motor for a sticker. If not there an Ezgo dealer should be able to look up that number. Depends on what parts you need but most txt parts will fit. That said your front suspension is the old style pre 2001 so remember that when purchasing.
thanks! can you tell me which motor this is?
Old 09-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

350 Robbins
Old 09-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
j13smiley
Not Yet Wild

Success in the tag - there is a tag up there... So this is a 2005... I thought the 3 bolt steering meant it was part of the earlier models (pre 2002 ish)???

And so the suspension... That's a few years earlier than 2005... So has this cart been modded vs being stock or is that how they built the workhorse models (dump bed and older lifted suspension)?

Edit - thanks for confirming Robbins motor!
Old 09-06-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
j13smiley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
350 Robbins
Thank you!
Old 09-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The txt carts switched front axles mid 2001. Quite a few ST and Workhorse models continued to use the old style until around 2005-6.. Looks like it has the ST350 front cowl and suspension. I like those the best because the headlights in those beat all the other factory ones hands down. For more information take a look here. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Old 09-07-2020, 12:40 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Also, your engine is the 350cc MCI, later type engine. You can tell as the inlet manifold is aluminum, not cast iron and it is part of the head, not separate like the cast iron one. Keep an eye on your oil level and pressure, as these later engines easily wreck the head and cam if low on oil. Apart from that you have got a nice cart there. As Kgsc says, the ST Workhorse and sport models used the older style steering and axles for many years after the new style was introduced on the Golf carts. Mainly due to its greater strength for utility work.
It also has the later type gearchange with a single cable instead of two separate cables.
I would give your diff a good wash and try to see where the oil is coming from that is covering it and make any repairs needed. If it is oil from the diff, then the gears will not last long if no oil is present inside!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:49 AM   #9
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley View Post
When I bought this cart, I was told it was a 2005 ST Sport. Someplace I got the serial number of 2336175. (is a sport the same as a workhorse?)
It is an 05, Same as a ST Workhorse but shorter wheel base and shorter box. STs came with 4" lift from the factory.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:18 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I believe the sport had a factory lift too. At least in the UK it did, but the sport was fitted with a rear seat usually over here.
maybe this is the later version of the workhorse 800, the 1200 had the longer chassis like the ST350. Same features but with no lift. maybe this was another model i dont remember as the 800 and 1200 had a cart front end not the ST style. Maybe it is the later MPT800. that was the same as the Cushman 800 but with the ST front end.

The more i look, the more i see, the ST sport had a cart rear body with rear facing extra seat, this has the flat rear body to suit the dump bed.

Go do a google image search and find one exactly the same as yours and you will know for sure. Just type in something like " 2005 EZGO hauler" some models had the ezgo logo on the side some had the MPT logo

Maybe that sticker with the numbers on is correct and it is actually designated an ST sport. it does not look like the sticker has been tampered with.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO