lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #21
BlackKnight
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1984 - 1985 Marathon Golf Cart Issues

Well been busy on other projects here and finally got the piston head turned 180 degrees.
Re-did most of the wires as far as cleaning and reattaching. New driven clutch installed as well. New drive belt new starter belt. Fired her up and she is running good. Didn't put old carb back on it yet because I want to clean it good. Drove around a little forward and reverse. Now my big head-ache. Drive clutch won't stay the hell on.

I know that normally getting the **** thing off is the problem. I just want it to stay on.

I have what appears to be a thick fender washer and a lock nut on the end. Hard to get the torque to 55-60 wants to turn engine. Ideas? Thanks to you all
BlackKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #22
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Yes yes glad you got it running.....

The drive clutch should have a bolt, not a nut. Maybe someone has put a stud in the shaft, hmmm? It probably doesn't really matter either way but you do need to get it to the proper torque for the taper to secure it, I guess you could put a wrench on the flywheel side nut to hold it while torquing it down.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #23
BlackKnight
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I did mean Bolt lock nut washer. Tried tapping the end with a rubber mallet to set it then torque the hell out of it. Turn the key it throws it off. It’s like seeing the tape at the end of the finish line and pushing the cart through it instead of driving it Ugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E738B93A-22A0-4F12-AAD1-B5294667D2AA.jpg (204.1 KB, 0 views)
BlackKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #24
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Oh ok there ya go, I'd suggest using an impact on it but that's always a scary thing to do (IF you don't have the feel for the one you're using) and ONLY as a last resort. For now I'd just get it tight by holding the crank still with a wrench on the flywheel side
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO