lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 12v batt question

Here ya' go comanche9 maybe this will help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36v from 6_12v001.jpg (23.2 KB, 19 views)
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

And as far as the charger is concerned, my guess is maybe the 12v in series do not have enough voltage to kick on the cart charger or you don't have them wired properly?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #13
comanche9
Not Yet Wild

the 3 are wired as in the diagram. may not have the voltage as stated. i got about 1.5 to 2 hours out of just the 3 batts, so would my run time bouble with the 6? Also i had a guy telling me the 6 12v run in a 36v configuration would burn up the motor, you guys seem to know more than me and him both, whats the take on that?
comanche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche9 View Post
got it running on 3 12v but can some one help me out on how to wire up 6 12v to make it 36v. any and all help is appreciated. have 16 new 12v deep cycle batts for free and hate to waste them.
6X12V dont equal 36V
Sell them on Craigs list or the like and buy the correct batteries for your cart.

Pappy always says, "boy, If you aint got time to do it right the first time, when you gonna have time to do it over!!!

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #15
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, you will get approximately double the run time. If you put them all in series you would have 72v and a lot of expensive brown smoke the first time you stepped on the throttle (-:

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
comanche9
Not Yet Wild

just out of curiosidy i was wondering if anyone of you guys knew anything about the batts i have. They are Maxrate 12-350. There for UPS batteries i have looked up the specs on them on the net but its like reading another language to me.
comanche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've got a feeling and a sure bet - These FREE 12 volts are about to cause you LOTS of headaches and problems...

W/O sounding like a bone head - Why try to re-invent the wheel? Just pony up for the correct batteries and stay rolling the way the buggy was designed. Use the free 12 volts for some extra 'core' charge freebie cash...

My 2 cents, spend it wisely...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #18
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche9 View Post
just out of curiosidy i was wondering if anyone of you guys knew anything about the batts i have. They are Maxrate 12-350. There for UPS batteries i have looked up the specs on them on the net but its like reading another language to me.
If those batts aren't already toast they will be before long. UPS batteries aren't designed to be discharged like a cart battery.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

You're never going to go very far with those. With 93Ah @ 20hr that is less than half of what a 6v golf cart battery will deliver. Now you will double that number to 186Ah with the two banks of 3 @ 12v connected in parallel. That's better, but keep reading.

Those batteries you have are AGM batteries and your cart charger will burn them out quickly. There is only one mfr I know of that claims their AGM can handle the lead acid charging algorithm and yours aren't made by them.

You said deep cell in a previous post and I made a mistake by assuming you meant 12v deep cycle lead acid batteries such as those for trolling motors. That was my bad there, certainly.

Yes, you can probably make those work (with a charging solution) but my bet is YOU WILL BE WALKING at some unknown point, time, and location.

Good luck and wear comfortable shoes.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #20
gaston
Gone Wild

those are AGM batteries you need special charger for them.

Are they NEW? or already used on UPS's? If they are used I don't think they are alive for traction... probably for helping a solar array but not enough for traction.

Guys here know what they're talking
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO