lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #21
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

Default Re: power wise charger

I have seen diodes on the heat sink fail when the charher gets to hot. The chargers that I repair usually get hot because the customer is trying to bring up a pack that has been put into deep discharge..."the cart is ran almost dead"....I have seen one bad battery and even bad battery connections cause the same problem.
When I get the poerwise chargers in my shop, I will first pull the case and check the 50a fuse with my voltmeter set for continuity..."it helps to have a meter that gives you an audible beep".... If there is no beep then I check the diodes on the aluminium board. With a good diode the meter will read nothing in one direction and .450-.550k in the other.
Every time I have had a fuse blow, I find at least one bad diode and will ALWAYS replace them both. If I don't, the customer is usually back in a day or two with another failure. Hope this helps
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #22
boat567b
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: power wise charger

ok great thanks for the info have a great day.
boat567b is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO