lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
golfcritter
Not Yet Wild

Default convert from dcs to pds

Currently have a 98 ezgo dcs 36v and was looking to make several upgrades this winter. I assume that both pds and dcs are txt models but use very different controllers. I noticed in several threads there was a gentlemen that made custom harnesses to control the cart during different terrain conditions. Sounds great and leads me to my questions?

1. I want to convert from dcs to pds so that I have the same capability to make changes to the controller. (unless of course the gentlemen that makes the harnesses has come up with a way to bypass the dcs controller)
2. I want to lift with tires, best place to purchase?
3. Best place to purchase new leaf springs and shocks for after the lift? (could I use 4 wheeler shocks?)

I got the cart for a really great deal and feel making the upgrades would still be cheaper than buying an already upgraded cart. Any assistance would be appreciated.
golfcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: convert from dcs to pds

wicked carts had a great deal on a lift, best price i found. slapped it on mine and it runs great. rims i got on BU and the tires, go to rockymountainatv.com free shippin on orders over $100. best place and price i found for tires.
txd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Golfcritter
I would suggest you contact one or several of the site sponsors about you're cart parts needs, they all do a great job with the customer service and are very informative. They are the ones that keep this great site up and running for us to get all the awnsers we need, and I am sure someone will have an answer for you shortly.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

A DCS cart and a PDS cart while similar, are two different animals. Conversion would require a complete refit of everything except the batteries. Not viable IMHO. Your DCS cart will respond very nicely to an Alltrax DCX series controller swap however. You will gain speed and torque with this change.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
A DCS cart and a PDS cart while similar, are two different animals. Conversion would require a complete refit of everything except the batteries. Not viable IMHO. Your DCS cart will respond very nicely to an Alltrax DCX series controller swap however. You will gain speed and torque with this change.

How much does one of those run?
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

just change the motor and put a alltrax controllor and forget about pds
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
golfcritter
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate the input everybody. Gornoman makes sense to me. Especially if I'm going to be buying a controller anyway. Will the Alltrax work well with the stock motor? Another words, if I don't have the money at this time to buy both, would the motor stand up to the new controller until I could buy a new motor? The wife won't stay off the cart long enough for me to do both.

TXD - looking into the sites and info you recommended. Thanks

Again thanks to all.

"Integrity is what you do when nobody is looking"
golfcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcritter View Post
I appreciate the input everybody. Gornoman makes sense to me. Especially if I'm going to be buying a controller anyway. Will the Alltrax work well with the stock motor? Another words, if I don't have the money at this time to buy both, would the motor stand up to the new controller until I could buy a new motor? The wife won't stay off the cart long enough for me to do both.

Again thanks to all.

YES. Many do a controller and nothing more .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcritter View Post

Again thanks to all.

YES. Many do a controller and nothing more .....if you get a 36 -48v unit you can upgrade further later. About 400 amps is all you will really need.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #10
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

So about what does a 400 amp alltrax DCS controller normally run? these are the ones you can upgrade to 48 volts later if desired correct? Are they non programmable? I dont like E-bay but there seems to be a lot more controllers for the PDS and series. EZGO controllers seem to be higher.
Anyone have a price range for an 300-400 amp all trax upgrade? In an EZGO 1996 DCS cart?
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO