lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 06 Precedent 4x12v charging questions

No not a joke! it all depends on what kind of shape your batteries are in on the charge time but one of my ds cart and others are 16 hours or full charge when charger shuts off...
toogood4ubalius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

with good batteries u should get at least 5 to 6 miles without telling of feeling the sluggish stuff or notice any change.. i have a 95 cc ds upgraded to 06 with torque motor d d.. 700 amp controller and all upgrades and i went 7 miles yesterday then parked my cart for an hour and still had 50 volts in pack but they are trojan t 890 only 10 months old.. if that gives u an idea!!! For as what that guy told u about 5 to 6 hours that is new news to me but i am still learning about these spark carts
Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Hmm, I guess I'm still learning too. Big difference in never letting it charge more than 6 hours and it taking as long as 16 hours to fully charge. I guess I won't really know where I stand until I do let it fully charge and then figure out how far I can go before it gets sluggish again. The guy only had 1 charger left and had 5 or 6 identical, except for color, carts in his shop so it's not likely this one was fully charged since I just cherry picked it from his stock vs. being led to choose a certain one. He threw it on the charger when I called him up but it couldn't have charged for more than 2 hours or so before I got there to pick it up.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

yea man put it on and forget it and not joking i would not mess with anyone due to i would not like that... i was the same way when i drop the t 890 s in have u price them..
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #15
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Sorry to be so shaky about this. I put the charger on it at about 6:30 last night. As of 7:30 this morning, it's still going and showing a hair over 7 amps on the meter. Pulled the seat open and the batteries feel a little warm but nothing feels really hot.

Is this a sign that the batteries are good but were really weak? The batteries may not be so good and are taking too long to take a charge? Just normal? Or what?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #16
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedClub View Post
Sorry to be so shaky about this. I put the charger on it at about 6:30 last night. As of 7:30 this morning, it's still going and showing a hair over 7 amps on the meter. Pulled the seat open and the batteries feel a little warm but nothing feels really hot.

Is this a sign that the batteries are good but were really weak? The batteries may not be so good and are taking too long to take a charge? Just normal? Or what?
First forgive me if I am repeating what others have said already... didn't read the full thread...

Let the charger do it's thing... it has an override to cut off after 16 hours if the OBC doesn't shut it off automatically. Once it's off let it sit for a couple of hours and test your battery pack voltage as well as each individual battery to see how you stand voltage wise.

What is the age of your batteries? On the negative terminal there is a Letter followed by a number. For example if it's L8 it would be a battery made in December of 2008.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #17
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I don't have any tools to test battery voltage myself. I have a neighbor that probably does. These are 08 batteries that say club car and trojan on the batteries. On the neg terminals, it has D8 stamped. Assume the D is the month (April?).

Is it a sign of anything if it stays on the charger for 16 hours and still doesn't seem to fully charge?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #18
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

Try to charge them another full 16 hours. Check water first sounds like a bad battery to me or a weak one . For sure check them with load test when u get some tools
Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your just guessing with no basis for judgment without experience or battery evaluation tools. It takes a voltmeter, a hydrometer, and sometimes a load tester to check battery condition. If you just bought this call the dealer and ask him to evaluate the batteries as they seem weak.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #20
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Water has been checked already. So, should I let it sit a couple of hours after the first 16 and then try it again?

Into the 16th hour and the meter is finally down around 5 amps.

Scotty, I didn't buy from a dealer. Not sure what a hydrometer is for and I would need to take the batts out and carry them to an auto parts store to get load tested. But I may be able to get my hands on a voltmeter. What am I looking for - 12v per battery after charging and 48 for the whole pack or more than that?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car