lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help with cart purchase

i always try heating with a hair dryer before attempting to remove stickers. best if it all comes off in one piece! if that doesn't work, lighter fluid (naptha) works great for quickly removing sticky stuff! (test in inconspicuous area first)

caranuba wax is safe on pretty much anything. not sure about regular car wax. my guess is probably
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
rmosso1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
i always try heating with a hair dryer before attempting to remove stickers. best if it all comes off in one piece! if that doesn't work, lighter fluid (naptha) works great for quickly removing sticky stuff! (test in inconspicuous area first)

caranuba wax is safe on pretty much anything. not sure about regular car wax. my guess is probably
-sj
Maybe I am on wrong post, but anyone suggesting naptha on a club car is off, IMHO. Second, on the windshield, use only soft soap. Even windex will streak.

And $1,700. is unbelievable for a 2007 , again, IMHO...
rmosso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Congratulations on your purchase. Please keep me in mind if you ever have any questions about that cart. I know those things upside down and sideways. The best thing to use to remove the glue is Acetone. It will not streak the Precedent body. Do NOT use Mineral Spirits, Gas, or Goof Off or anything of the sort. It will completely destroy the finish. The acetone won't hurt it at all.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It must be a plastic body. Acetone can etch fiberglass if left on to long. Been doing glass work for years. just damp the rag dont soak it. It is also good on vinyl
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
All the bugs (except battery setup) in the Precedents were fixed by 07. Don't worry about that. In 2004 they had issues with non-returning pedals, front end bushings, On-Board computers, and the infamous 12V battery setup. The only issue is the 12V battery setup, which was standard for both the DS and Precedent of that year. However, keep in mind that it's about $400 to convert a Precedent to the 6 8Volt setup. Once converted, you must purchase a factory light harness due to the fact that the original wire harness was pre-wired for lights. Once converted, you're no longer pre-wired. If factory lights exist at this point, that's more additional cost. A DS requires nothing more than a few angled pieces of aluminum and a welder. About $30.00 worth of parts. If you don't have access to a welder, you could always bolt them in, although I highly reccomend that you weld them. They're both IQ cars, and they're both excellent machines.

Along with the conversion, If I'm not mistaken, I believe you would have to relocate the controller. Probably to the rear by the motor.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnort View Post
around 1700 without haggling so I am hoping to beat them up a little
Thats a great buy assuming the batteries and everything is OK. Ive got an 08 and purchased it for 1900. You got a very good deal. I pimped mines out and its a blast. Wouldnt change my cart for nothing. Especially for one of those EZ watchamacalls?? Good buy man. Check out my before and after pics as well as Scubabuds showcase.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Along with the conversion, If I'm not mistaken, I believe you would have to relocate the controller. Probably to the rear by the motor.
That is correct. The conversion kit includes everything you need.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
It must be a plastic body. Acetone can etch fiberglass if left on to long. Been doing glass work for years. just damp the rag dont soak it. It is also good on vinyl
It's DuPont Surlyn. The same material a golf ball is made of.

http://www2.dupont.com/Surlyn/en_US/...precedent.html
Old 12-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #19
regnort
Not Yet Wild

I heated the stickers with a blow dryer came right off...usEd some mothers wax and got it all cleaned up looks really clean but plan to hit it with some rubbing compound to get everything really shiny...also charged it up topped off batteries and ran it for a minute with full charge it seemed to be fine will find out Xmas day how well batteries hold up thanks for all the help. Reg
regnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #20
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good choice! The Precedents are 90% of the carts I service and sell and are great carts! If you have any questions I can try to help you! Have fun!
ckdgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car