lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default What needs to be connected to charge Precedent

Hey guys,

Exactly what wires need to be connected in order to charge my batteries in my Precedent?

Currently the cart has the batteries in the battery box and all connected to each other (6/8V)

The conversion came with a new wire harness, charge recepticale and I'm installing a new controller and solenoid...

I'm guessing that the solenoid and wires to the controller don't have to be hooked up (or am I wrong).. but what wires from the new harness and the OBC (beside the negative) need to be connected in order to charge the batteries?

Cart is not ready to go back together just yet but I wanna charge the batteries to keep em fresh..

Thanks
ripdis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: What needs to be connected to charge Precedent

all your batteries need to be hooked up.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you set the timer on your phone or watch !! then just hook up all batteries check for 48 volts. Then just jump the black /white wire from the Receptacle to the neg side of the pack and to the center connector of the Receptacle let it charge for 3 or 4 hours or more if you keep an Eye on it.
There is no control this way so do not leave it like this
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

can anyone else chime in on this? still a little confused
Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your batteries need to be connected to each other, the red 10 gage wire off the rear of the charge receptical has to be hooked up to pos of #1 battery and the neg cable from cart that runs thur OBC has to be hooked to neg post of #6 battery if its a six battery set up.......................12 volt batteries should be the same just a few less battery cables................
Old 05-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #6
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
your batteries need to be connected to each other, the red 10 gage wire off the rear of the charge receptical has to be hooked up to pos of #1 battery and the neg cable from cart that runs thur OBC has to be hooked to neg post of #6 battery if its a six battery set up.......................12 volt batteries should be the same just a few less battery cables................
do any of the wires need to be plugged into the back of the OBC or do those not matter right now?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there shouldn,t be anywhere to plug anything in other than the grey wiring harness on the OBC.... the 6 gage cable running thur it goes to the controller and theres a 10 gage wire that goes to controller as long as they are hooked up and cables are all hooked up you should be able to plug charger in and run it.......battery voltage has to be approx 38 volts for charger to come on..................................
Old 06-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #8
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
there shouldn,t be anywhere to plug anything in other than the grey wiring harness on the OBC.... the 6 gage cable running thur it goes to the controller and theres a 10 gage wire that goes to controller as long as they are hooked up and cables are all hooked up you should be able to plug charger in and run it.......battery voltage has to be approx 38 volts for charger to come on..................................
I attached a few pics... I currently have all the batteries connected, the negative cable that's running through the OBC connected to the battery negative (the opposite side not connected to controller, does it need to be?)

I also have the red cable from the charger receptacle connect to the battery positive, and the two other wires from the receptacle connected to the back of the OBC..

Does all the wires to the controller need to be connected also?

When I plug the charger in it clicks on then clicks off... probably because i'm at 50.9V but I just wanted to make sure all the right cables were connected..

I'm still working on the cart so it probably wont be up and running for awhile..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batteries.jpg (104.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg OBC.jpg (98.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg voltage.jpg (34.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the cable i beleive has to be hooked to controller, and if the charger is coming on and than shutting off theres a problem......even with your voltage the charger should still stay on, so positive 10 gage red wire from charge receptical over to pos. terminal of #1 battery........10 gage black wire from charge receptical to controller ( hooked up ) neg battery cable that runs thur hole in OBC hooked to neg. terminal of #6 battery and to controller......if thats not hooked up that may be why the charger is shutting off cause the OBC isn,t reading things right.........all battery cables hooked up pos to neg from the battery pack.......the charger should than come on and charge...it will come on for 10 seconds and shut back off and than turn back on and start charging.............anyone reading this am i missing anything? ......i think the only cable that isn,t hooked up you need to hook that one up try charger and post results....................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car