lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default AmeriTorque Brakes on CC Precedent???

I am installing a set of AmeriTorque disc brakes on my Precedent and everything was going good till I got to the drivers side. When I went to hook up the cable to the caliper it is too short. I have tried moving the calipers to the top but there is not enough clearance due to the axle location with the lift. Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so how did you get around it, all I can see doing from here is replacing it with a passenger cable.
1BDPRECEDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: AmeriTorque Brakes on CC Precedent???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BDPRECEDENT View Post
I am installing a set of AmeriTorque disc brakes on my Precedent and everything was going good till I got to the drivers side. When I went to hook up the cable to the caliper it is too short. I have tried moving the calipers to the top but there is not enough clearance due to the axle location with the lift. Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so how did you get around it, all I can see doing from here is replacing it with a passenger cable.
I had problems with my factory brakes with my lift until TahoeDawg convinced me that I needed a passenger cable on the DRIVER's side, (factory drivers cable is too short,)... since then all is well so I guess you should do the same with your new brakes.

PS I purchased the brake cable tool as well which made my life much easier removing the cables under the floorboard, etc.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump
Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Scuba, that is the only solution I could come up with. I just wanted to make sure that the passenger cable would work on the driver side. Now the part # has changed to an upgrade kit that includes both cables. I don't know what they have upgraded, need to do some more digging to see if the newer cables are the same length as the old ones.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BDPRECEDENT View Post
Thanks Scuba, that is the only solution I could come up with. I just wanted to make sure that the passenger cable would work on the driver side. Now the part # has changed to an upgrade kit that includes both cables. I don't know what they have upgraded, need to do some more digging to see if the newer cables are the same length as the old ones.

I replaced mine, (both sides,) with the newest version from CC, same length and might seem to long for the drivers side but it isn't. Simple job with that special tool from CC... Good luck
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car