lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What body to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
i have a attitude indicator sittin' here gathering dust. never thought about installing in my golf cart... lol!
-sj
I filed for the Attitude Indicator golf cart patent concept today. However if you need me to dust it off for you feel free to pm me
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's OK I can't read!! I thought he said Altitude guess I need a Attitude Indicator adjustment
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #13
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Thanks Rusty

I have been looking through the archives here and other places getting ideas on what I like in different styles. I have noticed the older carts with the 2 piece back seats look better to my eyes. Funny you should mention the aircraft instruments. I was thinking of making a custom dashboard and incorporating those into the panel for show. Have you seen any carts like this? I was also thinking of doing the SWA Logo with the wings into the seat backs on both front and rear seats with the SWA two tone leather to match. With the colorful paint and interior colors SWA has gone to on their last update I think it could look pretty sweet. Hope other will chime in with some ideas and together we can build a cool cart
I think that dash instrument idea sounds great !
I also love the logo seats. You could certainly make them out of leather, vinyl would hold up better to water , especially with the dog.
That EZ GO custom the guy posted is VERY nice.. but I would build it out of a club car, DS or Precedent... you could own one of each !!!
Besides, I seem to remember reading an FAA bulletin last month that "All aircraft themed novelty vehicles, to include but not limited to golf carts, shall be comprised of a base vehicle of the following make; Club Car .. "
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I filed for the Attitude Indicator golf cart patent concept today. However if you need me to dust it off for you feel free to pm me
actually, its going in my simulator at some point. if i was into rock crawling or other off-road activities it would definitely go in the golf cart! modified gauges would be really cool for airline themed cart!

you can snipe one on eBay cheap if you watch the auctions. mine is a older Mid-Continent and was only $20. it drifts a bit and occasionally hangs on one side. perfect for hacking, not so good for flying.

btw, isn't someone here a instrument calibration tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
That's OK I can't read!! I thought he said Altitude guess I need a Attitude Indicator adjustment
the altitude indicator is for when i take my cart off some sweet jumps!
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

OK EVIL SONICJ

Old 07-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #16
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
actually, its going in my simulator at some point. if i was into rock crawling or other off-road activities it would definitely go in the golf cart! modified gauges would be really cool for airline themed cart!

you can snipe one on eBay cheap if you watch the auctions. mine is a older Mid-Continent and was only $20. it drifts a bit and occasionally hangs on one side. perfect for hacking, not so good for flying.

btw, isn't someone here a instrument calibration tech?

the altitude indicator is for when i take my cart off some sweet jumps!
LOL...I'll put some thought and research in to it..does sound like fun...There are most likely piles of old light aircraft instruments around at some of the general aviation radio shops in junk boxes..well at least there used to be in my earlier days..come to think of it that has been a while! Would be fun though if I could score some old 737-200 instruments(retired stuff) to make the theme a little more realstic..heck this idea gets better by the minute...I'd mold some wings to the cart but the GF or myself might ding someones car or a street sign
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

well this is my attitude indicator (electric)... unfortunately, its not one of them new fancy ones with the blue sky, but a can of krylon can take care of that.
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqIOKkIE224q-BqNBN2,Q(6v7w~~_12.JPG (11.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Im sorry I would not want that in my cart NO WAY
as soon as i got in it would tilt
Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
LOL...I'll put some thought and research in to it..does sound like fun...There are most likely piles of old light aircraft instruments around at some of the general aviation radio shops in junk boxes..well at least there used to be in my earlier days..come to think of it that has been a while! Would be fun though if I could score some old 737-200 instruments(retired stuff) to make the theme a little more realstic..heck this idea gets better by the minute...I'd mold some wings to the cart but the GF or myself might ding someones car or a street sign
lol! a functional throttle quadrant would be ridiculously awesome! you don't have a choice on the yoke, you gotta do that! the custom simulator scene has put a significant dent in the surplus aviation controls market; especially the commercial stuff. but like you said, there are boxes of junk just taking up space in someone's hanger or shop somewhere!
-sj
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #20
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
Im sorry I would not want that in my cart NO WAY
as soon as i got in it would tilt
HAHAHA !!! I sympathize with that comment !!!
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car