lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Big_Steve
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with tailight

Good Morning Everyone- new to the forum and to golf carts as well. Found this forum and hoping I might pick your brains. I recently purchased a 04 club car precedent. In great shape, but just recently I am having right taillight problem. It seems the my problem is when you brake, the light will not come on or at best, blink intermittently. The weird thing is that when the lights are on, the light comes on, but have same problem with the brake light. I dont think the light is the issue, maybe electrical? I am not sure. But this light kit was factory installed.

Thanks for any help or direction.
Take care
Steve
Big_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Help with tailight

welcome to BGW...........have you tried another bulb just to at least eliminte it as the problem? if not try that 1st and from there look for any loose wires or even a socket going bad..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Big_Steve
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I did some research and I think I have the LED lights, which are supposed to last quite some time. But I was thinking I might just replace the whole tail light?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can but keep in mind if its a wire or connection that might not solve your problem..................................
Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Big-Steve pull the light off there is a two prong receptacle behind it and check with meter.
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Big_Steve
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Gaminde- I am assuming you mean with voltimeter? I am not sure how to do this as I have never used one before. Guess I need to get one. I did pull off the light and have a quick connector. Is there a tutorial on how to use one of those? Thanks again for the assistance.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Big Steve you can use a meter (volt yes) or a automotive test light you are looking for on / off someone else pressing pedal and on staying on its most likely a dirty or loose connection.
You can also hook the light to one battery and test the light for loose connections (wiggle test while connected).

let me know what you find I have similar light kit.

larry
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
Big_Steve
Not Yet Wild

Thanks- I will try that and report back. Once again I appreciate the help.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Steve View Post
Thanks Gaminde- I am assuming you mean with voltimeter? I am not sure how to do this as I have never used one before. Guess I need to get one. I did pull off the light and have a quick connector. Is there a tutorial on how to use one of those? Thanks again for the assistance.

yes sir if your gonna do your own repairs than you do want to buy a digital volt meter you,ll use it alot.................also buy the service manual for your cart you won,t regret it.......between the manual and meter and you want to get at least a decent meter your under 100.00 dollars but they are 2 of the best investments you can make and should be the 1st two items you buy..............................
Old 07-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #10
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

for the sub $100 meters i would go for the uni-t ut61d (roughly $60 on ebay) or the bk precision BK2709B ($99)

uni-t makes some other nice higher and lower end meters, but the 61d is a lot of bang for the buck.

if those prices are out of the question, the $2.99 harbor freight DMM will get the job done...
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car