lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Default Paint a 2008 Club Car

I just got a used 2008 Precedent IQ club car that came out of the Desert and the front end is somewhat pitted and also was exposed to daily water sprinkler so there are many spots. Nothing will clean it off and I mean nothing. I had to throw away the Windshiedl since you could not see through it. What is a good process to prepare the surface for painting? Are there any guides as to how to take things apart so I only have the paintable body parts exposed. Any recommendations on the kind of paint. Finally is the Club Car Color molded into the pastic or was it painted at the factory? Thanks much for all your help. This is a fantastic web site.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Paint a 2008 Club Car

Did you try rubbing it out with 3M's heavy grit rubbing compound? It's worked wonders for me on fiberglass before. It will even clear up plexiglas. It won;t remove pitting though.
Skipper_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
trigger1937
Gone Wild

No I have not tried the 3M stuff, but the cart was in several Sand storms. I would imagine using heavy grit on Plexaglas or windshield would just scratch the plexaglas even more since it is very soft. If that would work I would thing that #3 steel wool would also clean it but the results would be more foggy that it was to start with???? Don't know for sure since I've never tried it.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

No, the CC body is not painted. Look in the pait fourm here and it had pretty good directions for painting.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

if the sprinkler stains are from iron (rust) they can be easily removed with oxalic acid.

the plastic is called surlyn. lots of info on how to paint it here and other sites online.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #6
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Thanks to everyone for the fast information. I'll check out the paint information.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car