lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
tex912
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 ds replaced controller now slow

I had the controller replaced in my 96 ds 48v club car and it was much slower afterward. I figured the dealer mustve removed something from the cart that made it fast. They said they just replaced the controller. It used to go so fast that when I let off the accelorator the brakes would automaticly kick in. Not anymore. Recently while going for a ride it regained its power for about 15 minutes and than lost it again. What is the deal. I would love to have that power all the time. Any help would be great.

The batteries are 2 years old. I checked all connections and cleaned the posts.
tex912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 ds replaced controller now slow

Go back to the dealer and let them know you lost the regen braking and speed, they may have to put another control in it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
tex912
Not Yet Wild

The dealer told me my cart is at top speed. Bull.... it only does 9mph according to my gps. I dont know what the old speed was but it was way faster than this. A talked to a couple of neighbors with club cars and we tested all their speeds too. All 9 mph. What am I missing. Is there some kind of switch or reprogram that they took out and don't want to tell me about? Someone help. Im tired of turtle power.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

9mph max, I call BS! What controler did they take off and what did you have installed?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
tex912
Not Yet Wild

Not sure what was in there before. Now it is a grey plastic box. Says it is a 300A/20A for CC Regen 1 motor. Can this be reprogramed or something? This is my first cart and I'm not to sure about it. From what Ive read here I got the crappy year in club cars.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are you sure they put the right controller in? if you cart had the auto braking its not a ds its a reagan..........what does your F&R look like?..................if its a reagan it should be faster than 9 mph most will do better than 15.......................it almost sounds like the braking might be stuck on?? ...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you post your serial #? It will be in the center of your dash area. I thought regen1 were only 95 with a black T-shaped controller?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Can you post your serial #? It will be in the center of your dash area. I thought regen1 were only 95 with a black T-shaped controller?
some had a silver controller also but they are 2 different animals.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
are you sure they put the right controller in? if you cart had the auto braking its not a ds its a reagan..........what does your F&R look like?..................if its a reagan it should be faster than 9 mph most will do better than 15.......................it almost sounds like the braking might be stuck on?? ...................................
It cud be a DS I think you mean its not a Series its a regen
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
tex912
Not Yet Wild

The SN is A9635-522459. The controll box has a #on it. it is 51-FX302G320 and says 300A/20A For CC Regen1 motor if that helps.
The braking is definatly not stuck on as when I let off the gas it coasts where it use to come to a stop. Ill try to get a pic of the controller and the cart posted here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car