lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
JackedUpCC
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Stuck Battery (Help)

Any tips on how to get a battery un-stuck from my frame. They all came out but this one. It is stuck into the cart by a hard white substace that I believe to be hardened sulfer. I chipped away all that I could. I then poured a water / baking soda solution all around the base with still no luck. Lots of foaming action but no movement! Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!
JackedUpCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stuck Battery (Help)

Kick it sideways
Kick at the top edge of the battery as if to kick it over it will dislodge .... good luck with those nasty trays. You can also try a floor jack and block of wood but the boot works best.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
JackedUpCC
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ill give it a shot! I also did a search for AGM Batteries on the site and came up with nothing. I just bought all new AGM's and a new smart charger so I wont have to go through this again! Hopefully!
JackedUpCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Clean the frame up really well and spray it with the rattle can bed liner, top and bottom, works great.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
club car guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Use a 20 oz bottle of coke (room temp). It works very well to disolve the crusty white stuff that forms around the batteries.
club car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Doc
Gone Wild

+1 on the Coke treatment. I've used that dozens of times in my shop for different applications and have never been let down. Great for your shop needs, bad for your teeth!
BTW, *if* that fails you, you can always go out & buy a spray bottle of something called CLR-it's used to remove build-up on your bathroom fixtures due to hard water. Nasty stuff, but it'll work for you!
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
+1 on the Coke treatment. I've used that dozens of times in my shop for different applications and have never been let down. Great for your shop needs, bad for your teeth!
BTW, *if* that fails you, you can always go out & buy a spray bottle of something called CLR-it's used to remove build-up on your bathroom fixtures due to hard water. Nasty stuff, but it'll work for you!
Doc
We manufacture a version of CLR under a different trade name. Basically it is PHosphoric acid and a few other choice ingredients. ...make sure you rinse all surfaces well

AND BE VERY CAREFULL NOT TO MIX WITH SULFURIC ACID IN THE BATTERIES
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
Doc
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
AND BE VERY CAREFULL NOT TO MIX WITH SULFURIC ACID IN THE BATTERIES
Good advice...safety glasses are a must in this case!
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

most people talk about using baking soda ( a mild akali ) to neutralize the effects of "ACID" fall out. a stronger akali would be "WASHING SODA" which is "calicum carbonate LITE" even the use of coke.

but to combine phosporic and sulfuric in a confined space..... i think i would first crack off a piece of this crust and place on a small tin dish away from the cart.

then test with a drop of phosporic to see if there is any chain reaction or HEAT GENERATED which would cause adverse effects.....

keep in mind akali fumes are not as damaging to the lungs as acid fumes. When i use a commercial phosporic acid mixture to remove limescale i make surei don't breath the fumes. I have gotton sore throats in the early days when i first used this method without ventallation .

SAfety GLASSES are a must
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car