lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax DCX500 w/ D&D 502:2 Programming Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
I cannot help you with your Plug Brake questions, but the MCOR not reaching 100% throttle is a known issue and can easily be remedied by loading the clubcar4.hex file to the controller. This will provide you with the custom throttle curve allowing MCOR equipped Club Cars to reach 100% throttle faster. That being said, once you load the file, keep the hex handy on your computer because if you change to a different throttle map like linear or s-curve it will wipe out the clubcar custom curve and you'll have to re-apply it to the controller.

If you go to this thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...00-ds-dcx.html you will find the hex file in a zipped file that you can download.
Thanks for the hex file link. I am supposing it is not sensitive to CC model, motor, etc.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
Thanks for the hex file link. I am supposing it is not sensitive to CC model, motor, etc.
Correct. This hex file has NOTHING to do with field mappings for motors and is independent of make of Club Car.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #13
boboh110
Not Yet Wild

Hey lgbarne. I'd like to get with you to get some info about where you got your cart. I'm also in BR area. I've tried to figure out how to message you and can't. Sorry to interrupt this thread with this. Email address is boboh110@aol.com
boboh110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #14
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

do not use the plug brake option..it's for ForkLifts and such

i had the same 96% throttle issue

attached is alltrex's file to correct this...you cannot damage anything by trying it... you can always revert back to another throttle curve.

file worked for me
Attached Files
File Type: zip clubcar3A---corrects 4 full throttle .zip (789 Bytes, 10 views)
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Plug brake enables “throttle off braking”. When the throttle pedal is returned to a zero or off position, the controller will go into a plug brake mode. This will slow the vehicle down but does not provide an regenerative functionality. The amount of braking force is controlled by the Brake Current Slider.
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
do not use the plug brake option..it's for ForkLifts and such

i had the same 96% throttle issue

attached is alltrex's file to correct this...you cannot damage anything by trying it... you can always revert back to another throttle curve.

file worked for me
ForBruce, Is there a potential for damage or other adverse effects if I were to use the plug brake? I will not be using around the neighborhood as BR is pretty well flat. But the hunt camp in Alabama is anything but flat and had to stay on the brakes in a few areas where we have fairly long/severe declines. The flip side to this is the motor/controller combo was wonderful at scaling back up those same inclines.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
ForBruce, Is there a potential for damage or other adverse effects if I were to use the plug brake? I will not be using around the neighborhood as BR is pretty well flat. But the hunt camp in Alabama is anything but flat and had to stay on the brakes in a few areas where we have fairly long/severe declines. The flip side to this is the motor/controller combo was wonderful at scaling back up those same inclines.
you can still use regenerative breaking just not plug breaking.... I was told by alltrax not to use it on a golf cart
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #18
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
you can still use regenerative breaking just not plug breaking.... I was told by alltrax not to use it on a golf cart
Correct do not use plug brake but regen is ok. Every motor is different but in my setup I run my regen at 80% as I use it for additional braking when running around 30 mph.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Correct do not use plug brake but regen is ok. Every motor is different but in my setup I run my regen at 80% as I use it for additional braking when running around 30 mph.
OK Guys, Thanks for all the help. Will let you know what I find - expect to try this tomorrow.

If I remember right, though, I never noticed any regen braking occurring when I had it set on back in July. However, will set back on and see if I get any braking happening. Remember the cart has a D&D motor - not stock. I wonder why KRC15, in my older post "Alltrax Controller Programming for Precedent", said it would burn up my motor?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Why should you not use the plug brake option?
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car