lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax DCX500 w/ D&D 502:2 Programming Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmonist View Post
Why should you not use the plug brake option?
Motor Killer.... it applies a very agressive stop current that will fubar your motor. it is really only used for stuff like pallet jacks and fork lifts.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #22
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Motor Killer.... it applies a very agressive stop current that will fubar your motor. it is really only used for stuff like pallet jacks and fork lifts.
Hmm... Sounds like maybe KRC15 was think about the plug brake in the older reply. This is a very good example of why this forum is so useful. It can help you avoid alot of costly hard lessons. It sure has kept me from frying my .
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #23
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Why should you not use the plug brake option?
Let see Reason # 21 ...cause you might just go thru the windshield

Reason # 57................ How to cook your motor
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok guys. I applied the hex file and now am getting a steady 100% throttle and 22 mph with an occasional 23 on flat surface. Also tried the regen braking up to 100% but not noticing any throttle off braking occurring. Not sure but suspect that means no regen is occurring. If anyone can add to this please do so. I will submit a question to D&D and see if they can answer. Thanks again for all the helpful info.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Plug Braking may be similar to the Seat Brake on a Fork Truck . . almost like an emergency brake to keep vehicle from rolling on an incline when no rider is present . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here stop guessing and read about it..

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...ug-Braking.pdf
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #27
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
Ok guys. I applied the hex file and now am getting a steady 100% throttle and 22 mph with an occasional 23 on flat surface. Also tried the regen braking up to 100% but not noticing any throttle off braking occurring. Not sure but suspect that means no regen is occurring. If anyone can add to this please do so. I will submit a question to D&D and see if they can answer. Thanks again for all the helpful info.
Regen does not always set in on mine, it depends on the speed and conditions. Alltrax's regen is much smarter than the stock controllers so it does not fubar your motor.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #28
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
Plug Brake option is what gets you throttle off braking - which I think is what you were originally looking for based on your first post. If you have the brake current set, but not the plug brake, you may or may not feel the regen kick in depending on the speed, steepness of the hill etc. Despite what has been said here, I (nor Alltrax) do not see any issue with the plug brake option. It allows throttle off braking, and inputs that throttle off braking at an amount dependent on what your brake current slider is set at.
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #29
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Plug Brake option is what gets you throttle off braking - which I think is what you were originally looking for based on your first post. If you have the brake current set, but not the plug brake, you may or may not feel the regen kick in depending on the speed, steepness of the hill etc. Despite what has been said here, I (nor Alltrax) do not see any issue with the plug brake option. It allows throttle off braking, and inputs that throttle off braking at an amount dependent on what your brake current slider is set at.
I finally called Alltrax. Their advice agrees with bdmonist; the plug brake gives you throttle off braking. They said these settings do work with my setup and will not harm my motor. Additionally, without the plug brake switch set on, you get regen braking but not all the time - I think the tech contact said "under certain conditions". With the plug brake switched on, you get throttle off braking & roll away prevention. He said to start with ~65% brake current and tailor to you needs. He did mention that if you set the brake current to 100% you could launch your passenger thru the windshield, so don't do that. ForBruce did mention that as an issue earlier.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car