lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #11
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Picture of EZGO 295 bad valve, just so you all can see

The Valve sinking into the head was mostly due to the air filter box not sealing correctly.
You have to really look close at the air filter and it sealing as it goes from the paper to the screen and it goes over the carb. Look at the filter lid...that portion that seals the transition many times is not straight and will allow dirt to get into the intake, and grind away at the valves, thus causing the valve to sink into the head.
My remedy on cars that came my way that were not serviced by me was to fix it with a titanium valve. Suzuki motorcycles have the same valve size. Good fix for poorly serviced carts.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
The Valve sinking into the head was mostly due to the air filter box not sealing correctly.
You have to really look close at the air filter and it sealing as it goes from the paper to the screen and it goes over the carb. Look at the filter lid...that portion that seals the transition many times is not straight and will allow dirt to get into the intake, and grind away at the valves, thus causing the valve to sink into the head.
My remedy on cars that came my way that were not serviced by me was to fix it with a titanium valve. Suzuki motorcycles have the same valve size. Good fix for poorly serviced carts.

I used to work for ezgo, it wasn't the air cleaner system that caused the intake valves to wear out.
When they came out with the new mci motor and different air cleaner assembly they tired saying that would fix the valve problem of course it didn't.
I also had a set of intake valves tested for hardness and it came back as cold told steel. Soft as butter
would you pm me with a part number for the Suzuki vales. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

www.partsforecarts.com
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:08 PM   #13
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-doo583 View Post
I used to work for ezgo, it wasn't the air cleaner system that caused the intake valves to wear out.
When they came out with the new mci motor and different air cleaner assembly they tired saying that would fix the valve problem of course it didn't.
I also had a set of intake valves tested for hardness and it came back as cold told steel. Soft as butter
would you pm me with a part number for the Suzuki vales. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

www.partsforecarts.com

All the ones I fixed you could tell it was contamination from dirt which was why the intake valve took the hit. Once I concentrated on making the air box seal right, I never had issues. Ive never had issues with the MCI motor at all. Ill have to look to see if I can find the valve number, Havent had to do one in 15 years
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:41 PM   #14
Wellrc64
Not Yet Wild

I just replaced valves on a 2001 EZGO TXT due to this same problem. My first time performing this and would rather not have to do this on a continual basis. I re-adjust my valves at least twice a year or at any hint of hard starting. Is it possible to procure the better valves to prevent this from happening and how would I know I have the better valve?
Wellrc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO