lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #51
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1st Cart Recommendations

Thats a whole lotta cart for a short box. FYI: that will eventually reward you with a "curved" tailgate.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #52
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Looks good
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #53
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yes....I agree...it does look nice!! On your truck, you may want to consider doing what I did to my 2013 Siverado. I had a set of "Supersprings" installed on the rear leaf springs. All these are....are a set of helper springs that "kick" in when you put a heavy load in the truck bed. With an empty bed the helper springs are not engaged at all. However, the Supersprings will keep your truck level and keep it from swaying in the event of a quick turn at higher speeds. Plus, at night driving your headlights on low beams will not appear to be on high to any oncoming traffic.

FWIW

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #54
BigRichP
Not Yet Wild

So far so good. Works as advertised. Gets up the hill just fine. Climbs over rocks without issue. In a few weeks I'll see how it does with passengers on board.

Nothing sux more then spending money on something that doesn't do what you wanted it to when bought it. So far, the ranger ev is doing what was expected.
BigRichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #55
BigRichP
Not Yet Wild

Near as I can tell I had a 10 degree angle on the hill I was climbing. It did it with no problem. At one point I had 2 other guys with me as well as 12" of snow on the trail and it still didn't hesitate. It wasn't until we had a day of freezing rain and ice all over the place that it started to slide off the trail.

This was the right purchase to make. I'm extremely happy with it.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #56
BigRichP
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Thats a whole lotta cart for a short box. FYI: that will eventually reward you with a "curved" tailgate.

I have a barely noticeable crease on one side of the tailgate now. I have to assume it's from loading and unloading. As long as it doesn't get worse, I'm good with it.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #57
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichP View Post
Near as I can tell I had a 10 degree angle on the hill I was climbing. It did it with no problem. At one point I had 2 other guys with me as well as 12" of snow on the trail and it still didn't hesitate. It wasn't until we had a day of freezing rain and ice all over the place that it started to slide off the trail.

This was the right purchase to make. I'm extremely happy with it.
This chart may help on guesstimating the angle of inclines.

I used to have a pretty good eye for them until I moved to an area that doesn't nave any level ground.

Glad to hear it is working out well for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hill Grade Conversion Chart.JPG (71.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #58
BigRichP
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Actually my gps gave me the rise over run but the hill isn't the same angle all the way through so I just used the steepest parts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO