lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Suddenly stopping

Hey guys, I've been working on my dads golfcart alot lately, and i'm slowly realizing i know very little about ez go golf carts.
I know his cart is around 2001-2002. It has the forward and reverse switch right next to the ignition and has a tow switch under the passenger side. I replaced his batteries after several years of sitting. The cart has a good run time and no real issues other than it will suddenly stop, then beep several times. If you let off the gas then press again it drives likes normal. It usually occurs around the time the rpm limiter kicks in. I was thinking it was a speed sensor somewhere? Any ideas? Also if some one could help me identify what kind of cart that would help tremendously
Thanks.
Sumner121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
Jkry2121
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Suddenly stopping

Beeps several times like its being pushed not in tow?
Jkry2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yep, its the same kind of beep.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Has a Run/Tow switch and the F/R switch is on the keyswitch panel, so it is a PDS.

Does the beeping occur while the cart is stopping or afterwards?

Is the beeping a regular interval or a repeating pattern?

IE: Beep - Pause - Beep - Beep - Beep --- then repeat is a Speed sensor error.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can put this control in diagnostic mode and drive until the error occurs. You should get one of the codes listed on the front of the control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok. Ran it today to make sure I could explain it right. The cart beeped at just a regular interval. there was no pause.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There is a speed sensor on the driver side of cart on motor end. Snapring pliers will be used for removal, then pull sensor out. Check to see if magnet has detached from washer it is/was glued to.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #8
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Got the Snap Ring off. Should the speed sensor just pop out of the side of the motor.. mine seems to be stuck in there pretty tight and im afraid to put alot of tension on it.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #9
Perry007
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, it will just pull out. I have this same issue. I changed the speed sensor because the people I talked to said that was the issue. It did not fix the issue for me. (traveling fine and then auto-brake and beeps 9 times as it comes to a stop, then takes back off.)

I changed the solenoid out and did not have an issue thur the 36 holes I played... however, when I changed the solenoid I noticed I did not have a diode on it, so I ordered one, and per-resistor... upon installing them the cart will not move, put it back to original wiring and still nothing, so I do not have enough data to say it is just the solenoid... I will be doing testing and working all day tomorrow on it and if I find an answer I will get back to you as soon as I can!

If you find a fix please fill us in as well!

Thank You!
Perry007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:18 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry007 View Post
Yes, it will just pull out. I have this same issue. I changed the speed sensor because the people I talked to said that was the issue. It did not fix the issue for me. (traveling fine and then auto-brake and beeps 9 times as it comes to a stop, then takes back off.)

I changed the solenoid out and did not have an issue thur the 36 holes I played... however, when I changed the solenoid I noticed I did not have a diode on it, so I ordered one, and per-resistor... upon installing them the cart will not move, put it back to original wiring and still nothing, so I do not have enough data to say it is just the solenoid... I will be doing testing and working all day tomorrow on it and if I find an answer I will get back to you as soon as I can!

If you find a fix please fill us in as well!

Thank You!
The PDS came from the factory with a pre-charge resistor, but not the diode.

It doesn't hurt to add the diode, but if it is installed backwards, it can take the controller out. (End with band on it connects to the positive side of the solenoid coil - the small terminal with the yellow wire)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO