lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Swapping out (upgrading) an EZ-GO Electric Motor

The new Jakes spindle lift kits are predrilled for brakes...So I am told that the spindles from Jakes make your cart front brake convertable. I have not seen it done, but I see the holes on the spindles and my source of this info is Reliable .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #22
StratoGeezer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Guys - well I succeeded in converting to 48 volts. Wow - what a difference in speed. I spent the weekend a) installing a HD suspension package and b) two new trojan batteries + a new HD solenoid - all culminating in probably the most performance I can get out of my TXT without putting rockets on it.

Anyway - one weird thing happend during the conversion...my lights stopped working. Hence my short test drive tonight. Does anyone have any idea why my lights would not function after the 48volt conversion? I was pretty careful to hook everything back up as it was - and the lights are only pulling 12 volts.... Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I'll go through it wire by wire tomorrow - but it just seems odd that everything else worked like a champ - except (suddenly) all of the lights.

Thanks! 48 volts has set me free.....!!!

Gornoman - your 48volt conversion plan was great! Thanks again for sharing that.
StratoGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #23
roady89
nimda
Club Car

There is no reason they should stop working unless you have a bad connection, you put to much voltage through them or a voltage reducer is fried.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #24
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoGeezer View Post

Thanks! 48 volts has set me free.....!!!

Gornoman - your 48volt conversion plan was great! Thanks again for sharing that.
Another satisfied customer! Glad it worked out for you, and don't worry about the lights. You'll get it sorted out. After all, you are now a master technician, LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #25
StratoGeezer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
There is no reason they should stop working unless you have a bad connection, you put to much voltage through them or a voltage reducer is fried.
Allright - still troubleshooting the reason my lights quit working after upgrading to 48volts.

Here's what I found - when I turn the ignition switch and light switch both on - the cart operates normally, but the lights don't work.

But - when I shut the ignition switch off and press the gas pedal - the lights work! (with the light switch still in the on position, ignition off)

Seems like I am close to isolating the issue - but after switching wires around on the light switch and ignition for about an hour - testing different variations - nothing seems to allow me to get the motor and lights working together with the ignition on.

I suspect it's something really dumb...but at least I'm glad the lights are still operating (not fried), although the wiring is somehow still crossed up.

Any thoughts/guidance welcome as always! I think I'm getting very close.
StratoGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #26
oldgrape
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

quick question. I'm trying to do the same, new motor, controller, go to 48V. I found that my motor has 4 bolts holding it in place. The 4th one is between the motor and transmission. Did you have the same issue and if so how did you get it out? Wrench won't fit in there with any movement room.
oldgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

4th hole not used. It is possible to use the 4th hole with the yamaha "team"axle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, ez-go, motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO