lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
bernha76
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 ezgo rxv

We upgraded a buddies rxv with 14" tires and rear end gears to make it go faster. Has ran great for about a year but now the battery life is really dropping. Does anyone know if Trojan or US batteries work best for this situation. He said it also gets up to a max speed of 24mph. Is there anyway to change the code on chip to make go faster? Would changing out the motor to a higher grade increase speed or prolong battery life. I know with more speed he is gonna lose battery life. What is max speed you have seen from an electric rxv?

Thanks in advance
bernha76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 ezgo rxv

42 mph max. There are no upgraded motors, or controllers (not plug-&-play anyway). To better your range in a rxv, best bet is to buy the ezgo battery tray that allows 6x 8v batts to fit & get rid of the 4x 12v battery setup. Its a pain to take phone screen-shots while driving @ 42 mph in a cart .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-03-20-13-20-25.jpg (49.4 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What cart were you driving CG .
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
bernha76
Not Yet Wild

So just switching from four 12v to six 6v would increase mph by almost double?
Old 11-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
bgw70
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernha76 View Post
So just switching from four 12v to six 6v would increase mph by almost double?
In your post, the last question you asked was about the fastest speed anyone has seen, he answered that question in his first sentence. Then addressed the range issue you are having.

He said to use six 8v batts, which equal the same 48v as your current four 12v batts. Adding batteries will increase battery capacity, thus more driving range.

Hope this helps!
bgw70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Hope this helps.

You have done all mods for increasing speed on RXV's.(short of EXTRORDANARY measures)

I am assuming() that the cart was set to max speed before changing
tires and gears.

The change in tires and gears WILL adversely effect range as
more load is placed on motor.

Brake performance will also be adversely impacted as motor IS brake.

Speed on RXV's is regulated/controlled by on board computer.
computer senses speed at motor.
cart "thinks" it is going 19.5 mph max. That is max programmable speed for RXV's.

Changing batteries will give you more energy (longer range) but will not
have any effect on speed.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

This was a "curtis" powered rxv with 10.5:1 gears, and my custom tune. HTR is correct, 19.5mph is highest it can be set, even downhill it will not allow you to travel faster than it believes is 19.5. Changing the batteries has nothing to do with the top speed on a RXV, but it Does have plenty to do with range. I have never put 8:1 gears in a RXV, and i would never put 8:1 gears in a rxv (that i offered to the public). I may try it one day to try to beat my current speed record, but i am in no rush to try that either. It is too hard on the controller during both hill climbing and braking (even the 10.5:1 gears have a big impact on brake feel and controller heat).
Old 11-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
This was a "curtis" powered rxv with 10.5:1 gears, and my custom tune. HTR is correct, 19.5mph is highest it can be set, even downhill it will not allow you to travel faster than it believes is 19.5. Changing the batteries has nothing to do with the top speed on a RXV, but it Does have plenty to do with range. I have never put 8:1 gears in a RXV, and i would never put 8:1 gears in a rxv (that i offered to the public). I may try it one day to try to beat my current speed record, but i am in no rush to try that either. It is too hard on the controller during both hill climbing and braking (even the 10.5:1 gears have a big impact on brake feel and controller heat).

Ditto--

I Would worry about liability...
Brakes did not work-cart modified for excessive speed -- someone gets hurt

HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #9
bernha76
Not Yet Wild

Can the max speed be changed with handheld or aftermarket controller?
Old 11-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Highest top speed can be set by handheld programmer is 19.5 mph....HS gears will affect top speed higher than 19.5mph, but as far as the controller knows you will never be allowed to exceed 19.5mph under any circumstances. The controller calculates the top speed based on the original tire size and original gear ratio, not actual road speed. There are no easy motor or controller upgrades available at this time, as far as i know. You could make your cart faster than 24 with the handheld programmer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO