lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

Default I am going a differnt direction with my RXV, please help with tires/lift

I have a 2014 RXV (see attached photo). It is 90% a golf cart and a little running around the neighborhood. I don't have a place to take it off-road but I like the lifted look better than what I have going on now. Today I bought a oem 3" lift kit (on sale at ezgo for $240 fyi). I currently have 14" rims with low profile 215/35/14 tires. I am going to buy new tires and wheels but have no idea what to get. I cant get to aggressive with the tread pattern as it will be on the course. I am thinking a 10 or 12 " rim with a 21" tire. I understand from reading here that if I go much bigger that I will loose tork. Currently my tires are approx. 20" tall, should I just keep them or will the lo profile tires look ridiculous with a lift?
ps- my dealer will take my wheels back in swap for wheels that he has on a demo cart/ or a take-off so it wont cost me much to change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (199.5 KB, 0 views)
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: I am going a differnt direction with my RXV, please help with tires/lift

Sounds like you have a plan. Should work good. Nice job on not going "overboard" with what you expect from a stock system (it will work fine, if you dont have 25mph high speed gears now). If you are happy with the performance of the cart now (flat ground top speed, minor speed loss on hills, ect). You will not lose much with the tires you are looking at buying. In my opinoin, street "low-profile" tires look goofy with a lift. My question is, will your hoa/golf course kick you off if you do this (what do they require your tires to "look like", yes this is a real question)?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO