lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Default Which EzGo Cart?

I thought I was sold by my local dealer on a 2010 RXV. But I have been reading here about brake and battery problems. But it seeme to be the older models. Are the 2010 models ok?

I love my 2002 PDS but it is tired and worn out.

Which would you get?

2010 RXV. Or a 2010 regular EzGo cart (txt I think).....
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which EzGo Cart?

Couple of thoughts: 2010 was a change over year for the TXT. They made both 36v and 48v versions. The 48v and I think the 36v uses the next generation PDS system so no speed "chip". Need a programer or a one time use "key" to set top speed if this is important to you. EZGO calls this "true course" with "coastal" being the buzz word for the fastest dealer adjustable speed which is the same as before (19.6 or thereabouts) I have driven both and would pick the 48v version over the 36v.

IMO the RXV is superior in every way. I will let others comment on the 2010 version. I think EZGO went to Curtis controllers in mid 2012 on this cart. I would be wanting to go for this version if it was workable.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Thank you for the response. Top speed isn't an issue. I am really looking for reliability.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
sunking
Gone Wild

Well if speed and range are not an issue, the PDS is a proven mature cart. RXV is still young and evolving with more tweaks in the coming model years. Aside from that the RXV is more difficult to work on and takes some special equipment to interface to the controller.

Having said that if it were me RXV all the way, but I prefer technology and speed. With lithium batteries I get crazy amounts of speed and range.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Reliability is going to be typical EZGO with either cart. The big difference is the suspension and drive line. The TXT is more like what you are familiar with. The RXV is ac drive with coil over front suspension. The RXV has a "motor brake" rather than the wheel brake for parking. They also have rear drums for normal use.
The coil over front suspension makes for a much more comfortable ride, but, it also is very prone to the kind of body roll that can intimidate.
While the RXV is certainly, "the next generation in carting", it can also more expensive to maintain and modify.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Ok. I think I am leaning towards the RXV.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking View Post
Well if speed and range are not an issue, the PDS is a proven mature cart. RXV is still young and evolving with more tweaks in the coming model years. Aside from that the RXV is more difficult to work on and takes some special equipment to interface to the controller.

Having said that if it were me RXV all the way, but I prefer technology and speed. With lithium batteries I get crazy amounts of speed and range.
What does a set of Lithium batteries run? 4 - 12 volt batteries?
Old 12-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
The RXV is ac drive with coil over front suspension. The RXV has a "motor brake" rather than the wheel brake for parking. They also have rear drums for normal use.
Unless something has change the RXV does not have real brakes, only Regenerative Induction Motor Braking, and uses a Electromagnetic Motor Brake for parking.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #9
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinomike View Post
What does a set of Lithium batteries run? 4 - 12 volt batteries?
About 2 mph faster with greater acceleration from loosing a couple of hundred pounds and lower internal resistance.

Well it is not 4-12 volt batteries, it is 16 3.2 volt batteries but you are looking at $2000 to $2700 to go lithium plus whatever is required for a charger and passive BMS. You can get a packaged deal that has a 48 volt 100 AH Lithium prefabricated battery to drop in, charger, and BMS for around $3000 if you shop around. Initial cost are high but long term is cheaper because a lithium battery if you take care of it should last at least 10 years or more.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am curious how $3000 for 10 years cost less than $1500 (2 sets conventional wet cell) for 10 years ?

It sounds like it cost 2 times as much?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO