lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Default Do I have an HD F&R Switch?

I was driving my friends series cart and noticed his cart was much easier to shift in than mine. It got me thinking and I checked out his F&R switch. They are both series carts obviously and only a year apart. I looked under his seat and realized the F&R switch looked slightly different then mine also. It got me wondering if i already have an HD F&R switch. Can anybody chime in or give me any pointers to figure it out?

idleize350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Default Re: Do I have an HD F&R Switch?

Doesn't look like you do, but you can't see buss bars to tell for sure in your pic. Look up HD buss bars and then find them on your switch. HD busses are a little thicker than the edge of a quarter. Standard buss bars are about half as thick. They are cheap and easy to install. Turning a standard fnr to an hd fnr is not difficult. There are several good videos on you tube that show how. I've put hd buss bars in every cart I have built. Never had any issues with over heating with them even on a 48v 500amp set up.
grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #3
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

You can barely see the edge of buss bar in this pic. The tip of arrow is touching it.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #4
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Interesting. Where can you get larger buss bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassflatsfisher View Post
Doesn't look like you do, but you can't see buss bars to tell for sure in your pic. Look up HD buss bars and then find them on your switch. HD busses are a little thicker than the edge of a quarter. Standard buss bars are about half as thick. They are cheap and easy to install. Turning a standard fnr to an hd fnr is not difficult. There are several good videos on you tube that show how. I've put hd buss bars in every cart I have built. Never had any issues with over heating with them even on a 48v 500amp set up.
idleize350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Johnnie B from here may have them. I got my last pair from Buugiesunlimited.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by idleize350 View Post
Interesting. Where can you get larger buss bars?
Its not JohnnieB that has them its Scotty that sells them.....you can go online an buy them direct from scotty at cartsunlimited.net, ACTUALLY you will be looking to get the switch cam, which has the bus bars already attached. its at the bottom of the page in the link below.

here is a link directly to page.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/F_R_Switch_Upgrades.php
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #7
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Its not JohnnieB that has them its Scotty that sells them.....you can go online an buy them direct from scotty at cartsunlimited.net, ACTUALLY you will be looking to get the switch cam, which has the bus bars already attached. its at the bottom of the page in the link below.

here is a link directly to page.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/F_R_Switch_Upgrades.php
Oh gezzz.. I meant Scotty. Hey, I had the B part right!!! Thanks for the correction.

That link is to replace the entire fnr switch. You only need buss bars. $15 vs $100+???
Old 01-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Oh gezzz.. I meant Scotty. Hey, I had the B part right!!! Thanks for the correction.

That link is to replace the entire fnr switch. You only need buss bars. $15 vs $100+???
NO....the whole switch is at the top of the page.....its $169......the Switch Cam is just the bus bars and plate all assembled together, which is just part of the entire assembly. the switch cam is only $69
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It will be a good oppertunity for you to clean & lube everything to make it operate like new. Dont fall for the temptation to leave the nut on the back of the switch "not fully tightened" to make it easier to turn, it needs the pressure on the contacts to ensure good connection.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Never had any issues with over heating with them even on a 48v 500amp set up.
Well, I don't know what part of the country you live, or where you take your carts when you run 'em.....but here in Southwestern Pennsylvania, where hills are hills and Mountains are Mountains, I've fried two HD buss bars on the HD F\R switch on my 48-V system. This is why I strongly recommend going to ScottyB's either Heavy Duty or (the one that I have) Super Duty Reversing Contactor. Not only will it make your switching from F to R simple and easy, but this also has a neutral feature in it, which is really nice when you have things around the house.....like wives and grandchildren.

Plus, I have not yet smelled on tiny piece of rubber burn even after climbing a 1/4 mile rough and tumble mountain (Black Bear hunting) four times in one day. To me.....that is performance!!! But...you may not want that kind of reliability, or perhaps you may not need that kind of performance. But, I do.

MHO

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO