lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #11
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help I am clueless

I would go gas. I have electric but i dont hunt on 300-1000 acres. Pretending you would drive 13-40 miles one way would be tough to get back. Get a voltage meter and great batteries and know your carts usage before heading out so u can judge distance.
I have torque d&d motor 48v system on a lift that i think would work fine hunting. I also havd alltrax 500a controller. Im happy and alltrax has a 2 yr warranty no questions. I would also think about 6v trojans and put 8 in for more run time...just my opinion...
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Just curious. How much does an engine cost?
About 1500 dollars. The starter/generator is about 300 bucks, and the routine filter changes and fuel costs add up as well. Electric gets my vote all day every day. But like Scottyb said, gas cars have their place. Just not in my garage.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #13
pointhunter
Not Yet Wild

I already have the gas covered, got a Ranger last Thanksgiving. I made the huge mistake of buying a Stealth 4x4 electric hunting buggy five years ago which has been a nightmare and is currently sitting in the barn non-functional again. I love the quiet of an electric cart for hunting as well as just driving around and its a lot easier to drive around the house. So I got to have one and I want this one to actually work. Can anyone tell me what the differecnes are between the DS and Precedent Club Cars?
pointhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #14
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointhunter View Post
buying a Stealth 4x4 electric hunting buggy five years ago which has been a nightmare and is currently sitting in the barn non-functional again
What's wrong with it? They are built by Club Car on the DS platform. We can help you diagnose that one
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
pointhunter
Not Yet Wild

I let a friend use it around the place and it died on him. The local guy who has worked on it told me it looked like my friend towed it with the key on and in drive and that the only real way to tell whats wrong is to take it to the nearest Club Car dealer and hook up to a computer. Nearest place is Augusta GA, about a two hour drive. My time at the Farm is limited and literally the first three years every trip up there involved a side trip to the Stealth dealer who was a mere 1.5 hours away. It took 3 years to figure out the POS Gel batteries they put in them would not work. I have also heard the struts are specialty and no longer made and if ya break one you are in a world of hurt. So the goal is to get a less fancy cart that works and can be easily repaired if need be.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointhunter View Post
I let a friend use it around the place and it died on him. The local guy who has worked on it told me it looked like my friend towed it with the key on and in drive and that the only real way to tell whats wrong is to take it to the nearest Club Car dealer and hook up to a computer. Nearest place is Augusta GA, about a two hour drive. My time at the Farm is limited and literally the first three years every trip up there involved a side trip to the Stealth dealer who was a mere 1.5 hours away. It took 3 years to figure out the POS Gel batteries they put in them would not work. I have also heard the struts are specialty and no longer made and if ya break one you are in a world of hurt. So the goal is to get a less fancy cart that works and can be easily repaired if need be.
http://www.stealth4x4parts.com/products.html
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:19 PM   #17
pointhunter
Not Yet Wild

Thats good info. Glad I found this site.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car