lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 06 Precedent 8 volt conversation

Ok doing the conversation from 4-12 volts to 6-8 volts in my 06 precedent. Got the conversation kit and tub from club car. Here the thing had to spend big $ to fix the engine in our car so I can not get new batteries at this time. 3 of my 12 volts are good with the other one has a bad cell. I have access to 2-6 volt cart batteries can I hook them up with with my 12 volts to make my cart work again until I can afford new batteries?
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 06 Precedent 8 volt conversation

Can you do it, yes.

Should you do it, well thats up to you.

Your suggested pack won't charge and discharge correctly. The six volt batteries won't be charged fully. You might get away with it for a while. If you used a 12 volt charger and charged the 12 volt batteries each on their own, and charged the 2 6 volt ones together you might not kill any of them.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 06 Precedent 8 volt conversation

If my only choice were to park the cart or use 2 six volts instead of one 12 battery I think I would go with the 2 six volt batteries. My second option would be to put it on the Visa and worry later.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car