lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
clubcarfl
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car vs Yamaha vs Beach

My wife has asked we upgrade our golf cart which I don't blame her, ours is an old DS. However, we a torn between the Yamaha or Club Car which I have attached. The 2014 Yamaha will end up being about 6k while the 2014 Club Car is about 9k. We live very close to a beach and understand the Club Car is aluminium so none issue there. However, I have read conflicting statements about the type of steel used with the Yamaha frame.

Does anyone have insight about the rust situation with the Yamaha frame?

Are the Club Car's typically worth more when all this equal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha Drive Custom Golf Car Silver Carbon (2).jpg (217.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170530_170858.jpg (218.2 KB, 0 views)
clubcarfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car vs Yamaha vs Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcarfl View Post
My wife has asked we upgrade our golf cart which I don't blame her, ours is an old DS. However, we a torn between the Yamaha or Club Car which I have attached. The 2014 Yamaha will end up being about 6k while the 2014 Club Car is about 9k. We live very close to a beach and understand the Club Car is aluminium so none issue there. However, I have read conflicting statements about the type of steel used with the Yamaha frame.

Because of rust issues with the Yamaha's I would recommend Club Car. The long term investment will outweigh the initial cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcarfl View Post

I think it is a steel vs. aluminum frame. Aluminum wins at the beach.

Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Personally I think aluminum wins everywhere, not just at the beach.
Get the CC.

Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:25 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Something is amiss. That Yammi is AC. Far as I know first year of production was 2016. So unless someone slapped an AC sticker on it, thats not a 2014. Speed controller will say Toyota on it if it's an AC motor.
I don't see 2k more for the CC. Maybe it has performance upgrades. Motor and controller and such. Also you might want to check on a Club Car Onward. I think they are in the 9k range brand new. Look here: http://www.clubcar.com/us/en/persona...passenger.html
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #6
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

$3,000 can buy a lot of this stuff: FLUID FILM clicky

I would go with the Yamaha and use the above every six months. I spend half a year next to a hyper saline lagoon down in Texas and Fluid Film works, plus to spray a cart would be a 5-10 minute job.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:05 PM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have rebuilt three G29's in the last year, two 2011's and a 2012. All of them to the frame. The metal bracket welded into the frame to hold the pedal assembly was rusted the most, with one of them almost needing to be replaced. Lots of rust starting under the battery compartment on the frame below. I was able to clean and protect with Rustoleum Hammerlite Rust Cap. So, the aluminum frame Club Car should go to the beach.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the rust protection info Cruise Master. With that info, I would choose the Yamaha, much more sturdy front end than CC for the sand at the beach.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:44 PM   #9
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Thanks for the rust protection info Cruise Master. With that info, I would choose the Yamaha, much more sturdy front end than CC for the sand at the beach.

First, you're welcome. That stuff really does work.

Second, depending on where you are, aluminum is not totally free from salt damage. Where I am during the winter an AC unit only lasts 5 years before the aluminum is shot. You touch the fins and they fall away like sand in a hour glass. Once again, Fluid Film to the rescue. Even aluminum gets sprayed.

$80 will buy you a kit an a gallon of FF. That would be a lifetime of FF for just one cart.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:46 PM   #10
clubcarfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
First, you're welcome. That stuff really does work.

Second, depending on where you are, aluminum is not totally free from salt damage. Where I am during the winter an AC unit only lasts 5 years before the aluminum is shot. You touch the fins and they fall away like sand in a hour glass. Once again, Fluid Film to the rescue. Even aluminum gets sprayed.

$80 will buy you a kit an a gallon of FF. That would be a lifetime of FF for just a cart.
Great advice! I live where the fins rust out so this sounds great!
clubcarfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car