lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2017, 06:33 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 85 Club Car won't run

KDW can you borrow a charger from somebody and try that? Can you post a photo of the batteries?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2017, 06:15 AM   #12
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

This is going to sound weird but I just saw this last night on a cart. Check that your wires from your charge port are going to the pack negative and the pack positive. I saw last night one that skipped a battery and was only trying to charge 5. It is very hard to explain in words I guess...also check each individual battery and see what each ones voltage is. And make sure all of your jumpers are correct and tight (just don't over tighten)
noodlenugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlenugs View Post
This is going to sound weird but I just saw this last night on a cart. Check that your wires from your charge port are going to the pack negative and the pack positive. I saw last night one that skipped a battery and was only trying to charge 5. It is very hard to explain in words I guess...also check each individual battery and see what each ones voltage is. And make sure all of your jumpers are correct and tight (just don't over tighten)
True enough! A few years back I bought a $200 cart. Owner had passed away and the family didn't know anything about it. He had put batteries in it not long before he passed, but had confused one of the charger leads with the reverse cut-out. The charger wouldn't "turn on" reading only 18 volts and the cart wouldn't run anymore when the batteries ran down. Straightened out the wires and it ran for years. Lucky for me the batteries hadn't been down long enough to destroy them, but I'm sure they lost some of their longevity.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

^^Great advice guys.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
KDW
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry for the delayed response, been out of town all day and just now getting back in. The total pack voltage after charging last night and resting today was 34.8. Slight increase, but still not good. I also checked the pack wiring and everything looks good. Haven't checked the wiring on the back of the charging port yet, i'll do that next. At what voltage should I atleast get a response? Right now it won't budge or even buzz when I throw it in reverse. Seems more and more likely i'll be in the market for a new set of bats.
KDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1985, club car, won't run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car