lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #31
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: FSIP speed motor upgrade question

Get the PC working again and take a look around. Make sure the field map, RPM and AMPS are all set appropriately.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #32
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Ok, update. Got the controller in on Thursday (2 days from left to right cost, thanks Scotty) installed on Friday afternoon. I upgraded the battery cables to 4 gauge welding lead Friday as well. Not a lot of speed change. 19-20 before, 20-21 after. Finished the rest of the cable upgrade today, but still no change in speed. Definitely can tell an increase in torque. It will spin 23" all terrains on the dirt.
Scotty, anything I can try in the settings on this thing to squeek a little more speed? Field maps? My PC is currently down, all I have is my Mac which won't work. Gonna get the PC going soon. Overall still a nice upgrade to a lifted cart.
Yes, you should get a little more than that. I bet you scotty will have some tweaks for you as I would have thought you'd have at least gotten 23 with those tires and a strong pack. (You get the XCT300, 400 or 500?)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:01 AM   #33
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Yes, you should get a little more than that. I bet you scotty will have some tweaks for you as I would have thought you'd have at least gotten 23 with those tires and a strong pack. (You get the XCT300, 400 or 500?)
XCT400

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 AM   #34
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

These settings with the right map for my stock AMD motor get me 22-23MPH on 18" tires.
User1.jpg
Old 07-31-2017, 10:53 AM   #35
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
These settings with the right map for my stock AMD motor get me 22-23MPH on 18" tires.
Attachment 156743
Thanks! I'll take a look at it once I get my PC back up and running. That's what everyone said with stock tires. I figured 23'S would have gained at least 2-3 mph.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #36
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Exactly. I suspect that NORMAL settings on the controller are set very conservatively. Without a personality device or mode switch connected to the Alltrax, you are not able to get to the more aggressive settings. If you do not want to spring for the FNKS, the wiring diagrams included with the controller are easy enough to follow when adding a SPDT personality switch. You can do that without waiting for the PC repair.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:47 AM   #37
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Exactly. I suspect that NORMAL settings on the controller are set very conservatively. Without a personality device or mode switch connected to the Alltrax, you are not able to get to the more aggressive settings. If you do not want to spring for the FNKS, the wiring diagrams included with the controller are easy enough to follow when adding a SPDT personality switch. You can do that without waiting for the PC repair.
THIS is a friend of mines cart, so I don't want to spring for one either. I got it from Scotty. I'm not sure what he may have done, but I'm gonna take a look at soon. Trying to now talk my friend into the FSIP speed motor, but he don't want speed that bad right now. Maybe later on! [emoji2]

Old 08-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #38
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Attachment 156743
Thank you for posting that. With the field map from Alltrax for the EJ8-4001a motor (already had it) and your settings I was able to get some better results. Consistent 20-22 throughout the neighborhood. The slight inclines I was dropping to 17-19, now it's consistent 20. Slight downhill and big hills is 22-23, up super steep hills is 16-17. You can see my average speed went up almost 2mph. Both ran after immediately unplugging. Top speed is down which is a good thing. 27mph on stock motor/tires was a little much.

Alltrax 500
400 amp Solenoid
2 gauge wiring
Stock wheels/tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5029.jpg (62.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4991.jpg (67.1 KB, 0 views)
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:37 PM   #39
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
Thank you for posting that. With the field map from Alltrax for the EJ8-4001a motor (already had it) and your settings I was able to get some better results. Consistent 20-22 throughout the neighborhood. The slight inclines I was dropping to 17-19, now it's consistent 20. Slight downhill and big hills is 22-23, up super steep hills is 16-17. You can see my average speed went up almost 2mph. Both ran after immediately unplugging. Top speed is down which is a good thing. 27mph on stock motor/tires was a little much.

Alltrax 500
400 amp Solenoid
2 gauge wiring
Stock wheels/tires
Awesome!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car