lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Default Push Starting 2002 ds??

I have a customer who has had to push start their 48 volt series cart to get it going. It started they just had to roll it a little then it would drive fine, they would have to do this a couple times a week but drove it all day every day. Now I have had to by pass the OBC for the cart to work. Would a bad OBC make it so you would have push it to get it going? Since I have bypassed the OBC the cart has started by itself every time so far.
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Push Starting 2002 ds??

It may have failed and was forcing the lockout. (So the cart does not move while charging)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremykent View Post
I have a customer who has had to push start their 48 volt series cart to get it going. It started they just had to roll it a little then it would drive fine, they would have to do this a couple times a week but drove it all day every day. Now I have had to by pass the OBC for the cart to work. Would a bad OBC make it so you would have push it to get it going? Since I have bypassed the OBC the cart has started by itself every time so far.
A bad OBC is usually either go or no go. I would suspect motor brushes, or battery going bad and dropping to much under load.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with mgray that sounds just like a brush problem.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Pulled motor down and all looked good, put back together and with the OBC bypassed all seems to be good. Guess we wi;ll see in time. I was thinking brushes also, maybe by taking them out to look at everything i removed whatever was possibly hanging it up.
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you did completely bypass the OBC then the lockout feature I mentioned above is now disabled. Just be sure to run the charging cable through he steering wheel to prevent someone from jumping on it and accidentally driving off while it is plugged in.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car