lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2020, 09:31 PM   #11
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fan turning on on controller when it's cool outside.

Ok I was able to get the log. Its not very long. A could of minutes at 5-7mph and then a wide open run. Read some about the tire pressure should be 25-30psi so put 25psi in them they didn't even have 10psi so that got the speed up to 27.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor.zip (18.2 KB, 0 views)
pacman377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2020, 01:08 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Took a look at it. No anomalies seen.

Start temperature was 74.8°F and max reached was 87.5°F, fan did not come on.

Start voltage was 50.9V and dropped to 41.5V while 280A were being drawn when at 50% throttle and cart moving at 7.5MPH.

FWIW: With tires exactly 23"tall and 12.44:1 differential gears, the motor spins 181.805 times per MPH of cart speed.

The max motor RPM reached was 5,103RPM, so the max cart speed was 28.1MPH. You mention it got up to 27MPH, so what you used to measure speed was a little slow, or the tires are not exactly 23" tall. (27MPH indicates tire height is 22.1" tall)
------------
What is the max inflation pressure stamped on tire's sidewall?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #13
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The tires are 23x10x14 they say a max pressure of 20psi I have 25 in them currently
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200227_154348.jpg (244.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman377 View Post
The tires are 23x10x14 they say a max pressure of 20psi I have 25 in them currently
Except for rim size, SAE tire size numbers are approximate and can be 1" or more off in either direction. Use a yardstick and a level to get a more accurate height.

For example: My Carlisle Turf Master tires state 18x8.5x8 on the sidewalls and measure 17.04" tall.

Probably want to drop the pressure down to 20PSI.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #15
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Most definitely it was fine on the road. My son and I road it around the fields today. I'm probably going to 10-15psi. That rough of a ride for 2-3mph just isn't worth it.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:21 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With those tall tires and driving over fields at 2-3 MPH is your very likely going to be having some motor heat issues as well as controller heat, but there are a couple ways of mitigating them.

Install a FNKS module (or home brew with a spdt-center off switch) so you have access to three user modes and program one of them for driving at low speeds on rough ground.

At very low speeds (motor spinning less than 1000RPM or below about 5.5 MPH with 23" tall tires) the motor is capable of drawing 500A+ and the motor's efficiency is lousy at low RPM, so lots of heat is generated and making it worse, your foot bounces up and down on the throttle pedal when the cart bounces over rough ground. By dialing back the throttle rate and lowering the throttle's torque and speed curves as well as its linearity, plus dialing back the max amps the controller will pass, the worst of the low speed heat issue can be tamed a bit.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:56 AM   #17
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well it wasn't 2-3mph driving. Before the tires were inflated to 25psi I got 25mph by gps for the max speed. After inflating the tires to 25psi the gps said I was doing 27mph. That's what I meant it wasn't worth it for 2-3 mph. However still I agree that change some settings could definitely be of a benefit for going around the fields. They are fairly smooth now but in a few months we will start tilling and then planting and the smoothness will most probably be gone. I've been thinking about the Fnkey for when my son is older and driving so we can keep him from getting to crazy. I may go ahead and get one now.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #18
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok the FNkey has arrived from ScottyB. Ill keep the current setup for on the road. Any suggestions for where to actually set the paramaters for easing around the field, or is it just a back up on the settings you mentioned and driving and seeing what is written on a log? Also to make the N position a lockout what do I need to change. Im assuming to set the amps current ect to 0?
Old 03-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman377 View Post
Ok the FNkey has arrived from ScottyB.
1. Ill keep the current setup for on the road.
2. Any suggestions for where to actually set the paramaters for easing around the field, or is it just a back up on the settings you mentioned and driving and seeing what is written on a log?
3. Also to make the N position a lockout what do I need to change. Im assuming to set the amps current ect to 0?

2. Just adjust the settings so they are lower and less responsive, then tweak as needed if cart is too dismal driving around the fields.

3. Sliders on Controller Setting menu:
KSI on Voltage = Max
Under Voltage = Max
Over Voltage = Min
Motoring Armature Amps = Min
Motoring Battery Amps = Min
That ought to prevent anyone from driving cart.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #20
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you. For all the help and info. The lock out setting worked just have to finished adjusting the one for riding around the fields. Now the final issue I seem to be having is the bluetooth module is very hit and miss on the connection and when its connected it doesnt show the alltrax in the connected box and I cant see anything on my phone except the bluetooth screen and the settings screen. Any advice there?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO