lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Fitting a motor bumper ring to a 1999 DS

I am trying to fit a rubber bumper ring to the motor to stop the rattling noise in a friends cart. This is the later 1999 model not the one with the glued in ring. When mating the motor to the transmission housing the ring is resulting in there being about a 2mm gap between the two faces and it requires a fair amount of effort when tightening up the 4 bolts to get the motor and transmission to mate. Is this normal??. I have a 2000 cart and neither the maintenance or parts manual show the bumper ring
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Fitting a motor bumper ring to a 1999 DS

dog, just my opinion but no that dosn,t sound normal.......have you put it togather or did you stop when it got to forceful? if you did put it togather the only thing is to install and see if she works.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
dog, just my opinion but no that dosn,t sound normal.......have you put it togather or did you stop when it got to forceful? if you did put it togather the only thing is to install and see if she works.......................
Hi Tom, No I stopped the installation when things got a bit tight. Hoping that someone would have some idea of the issue. As my 2000 manual does not mention the bumper and this cart is a late 1999 am wondering if there was a short period 99-2000 that the design changed and does not "need" or cannot take the bumper.!!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i wonder if theres a suppliment to the manual....it seems almost all the 2000 and later cart service manuals have a suppliment.....................
Old 06-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i wonder if theres a suppliment to the manual....it seems almost all the 2000 and later cart service manuals have a suppliment.....................
I have the suppliment and there is nothing mentioned.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i just looked at a 2001 suppliment and nothing in there either....................
Old 06-27-2011, 02:28 AM   #7
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
I am trying to fit a rubber bumper ring to the motor to stop the rattling noise in a friends cart. This is the later 1999 model not the one with the glued in ring. When mating the motor to the transmission housing the ring is resulting in there being about a 2mm gap between the two faces and it requires a fair amount of effort when tightening up the 4 bolts to get the motor and transmission to mate. Is this normal??. I have a 2000 cart and neither the maintenance or parts manual show the bumper ring
With the assistance of TahoeDawgZ71 I have established that for this model 1999 DS serial #'s 9912 752697 onwards and into 2000 the guide ring is replaced by a "Motor centering kit" part # AM10039. Included in the kit is a rubber bushing that fits inside the motor shaft. This should NOT be installed as it can cause the motor to lock up. "we live and learn"
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
rib33024

Quote:
With the assistance of TahoeDawgZ71 I have established that for this model 1999 DS serial #'s 9912 752697 onwards and into 2000 the guide ring is replaced by a "Motor centering kit" part # AM10039. Included in the kit is a rubber bushing that fits inside the motor shaft. This should NOT be installed as it can cause the motor to lock up. "we live and learn"
Good news
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #9
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Golfdog, what is in the kit and is it opptional or mandatory. I upgraded the motor on my 2000CC and there did not appear to be anything like a "motor centering kit" when I took the stock motor off and I just slid the new motor on and went to it. I am having a problem with the new motor but I don't think it is caused by an alignment issue.
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #10
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedotx View Post
Golfdog, what is in the kit and is it opptional or mandatory. I upgraded the motor on my 2000CC and there did not appear to be anything like a "motor centering kit" when I took the stock motor off and I just slid the new motor on and went to it. I am having a problem with the new motor but I don't think it is caused by an alignment issue.
the kit is optional to prevent any chatter between the motor shaft and the axle splined shaft. I will only get the part on wednesday but I believe that it consists of a splined washer, spring, non splined washer and a rubber bushing.
It was not a standard fitting on the new carts (not even shown in the maintenance supplement manual) and was no doubt introduced at a later stage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car