lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
paulss
Getting Wild

Default Re: Marathon all go no slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is a new one on me I can read the advertisement now, " carts runs good, very fast"

Seriously you are missing the speed control. No telling what works they way it is wired now.
The original control would be a Curtis but an Alltrax AXE 3-400 amp would work also. These bigger controls need to be paired with bigger solenoids. The old one in the pic should be good up to 300a if it works.
Scotty,

I thought at the time it might be a little too good to be true but it was cheap, already lifted with 4 gauge cables, decent tires and a corn feeder that attached to the front receiver hitch so I bit.

As I mentioned earlier, I really don't want to tie up a lot more in this, just get it running right and use it at the deer lease occasionally. Do you know which specific Curtis or AXE controllers would work on this cart and do you have any used or new ones available?

Thanks,

Paul
paulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulss View Post
Scotty,

I thought at the time it might be a little too good to be true but it was cheap, already lifted with 4 gauge cables, decent tires and a corn feeder that attached to the front receiver hitch so I bit.

As I mentioned earlier, I really don't want to tie up a lot more in this, just get it running right and use it at the deer lease occasionally. Do you know which specific Curtis or AXE controllers would work on this cart and do you have any used or new ones available?

Thanks,

Paul
Well, not only do you have to find one in the correct range and configuration but you have to find one programmed for the correct throttle input.
Shoot me an email I may be able to come up with a new one in your price range.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
paulss
Getting Wild

Default Re: Marathon all go no slow - Update and battery questions

Well, I FINALLY got it running. With the help of some folks on here and a little luck finding some used parts, it is working like it should. All it took was a controller and potentiometer, some wires and lots of patience and time.

My question now is concerning the batteries. They are 2008 models and are pretty weak. Full charge is 36.2-36.4 volts. I've read the posts on the epsom salts solution to renew the batteries and I guess it's an option if I run out of options but I'm wondering if there are better solutions. Has any one used the Battery Life Saver by Battery Solver.com. They say it desulfates the plates as you use the cart and can make a large difference in battery life. It sounds great (too good, to be honest) and at $139.00 is a lot cheaper than a new (or used) set of batteries. They are warranted for 5 years and have a 120 day money back guarantee.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would be most appreciative.
paulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Before investing in a electronic desulfator, it might be an idea to use what you have on-hand to find out if the batteries will respond.

Charge the batteries repeatedly with little or no discharging between charges.
If the battery's ability to store a charge doesn't improve considerably after a couple weeks of this treatment, the electronic desulfator probably won't be effective on them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO