lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
cbow51
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Seat Holder

This is probably not even worth creating a thread for, but tonight while tinkering with my cart laziness prevailed and I redneck rigged a way to hold the seat up without removing it. Someone has probably already done this and posted it, but here is my 5 minute solution.

Sacrificed a 12" Bungee cord, straightened one metal hook end with a pair of pliers, slid a small battery ring terminal over the end and crimped it onto the hook, then took a small wood screw and screwed it to the plywood bottom. Now the other end that still has the original hook on it can be hooked to the steering wheel with the seat up, or hooked to one of the holes in the plywood seat bottom to keep it from dangling in the battery compartment. This way it will always stay with the cart and I will have the ability to latch the seat upright while working on it without completely removing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(1).jpg (198.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo(2).jpg (203.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (201.3 KB, 0 views)
cbow51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Seat Holder

Whatever works.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I have a longer one that will streach from one grab handle to the next......I lift up the seat and streach it from one side to the other going behind the wheel. I just keep it in the cart, so when I charge the cart, I open up the seat and plug her in!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I cut down a golf club shaft and use that to prop up the seat, like Johnny B says whatever works
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Yeah I have been meaning to fab up something as a permenant prop rod, just hadn't gotten around to it.

I am going to buy a few "broom stick" holders for the wall.

then take an old WOODEN broom and cut the shaft for the proper length. drill a hole in the shaft and one of the holders. then attach it to the bottom of the seat. then the shaft will clip into then other one.

Then when required, lift up the seat, unclip the shaft and place it whre the seat sits.

This way if it ever comes lose, their will be NO arcing or sparking.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
NBeat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I found an air strut that is typically used for hoods and hatches. Took a few measurements and found some mounting brackets on amazon. This is what I came up with . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (141.4 KB, 0 views)
NBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:48 AM   #7
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"

I use a similar arrangement as the OP on my '84 Marathon. I keep a bungee strapped between the the uprights that hold the top. When I'm charging my batteries or working under the seat, I pull one end off and hook it to the strap on the back of the seat. Works a treat!

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:00 AM   #8
hardint
Not Yet Wild

Oddly enough I did nearly the same thing a few weeks ago, I also fab'd up an aluminum tread plate storage tray for under the seat.worked out really well.
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO