lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Exclamation Yamaha Drive Suspension Ideas? and tire and wheel? on Yamaha Drive with a 600cc motor

I need some ideas on the front suspension on this Yamaha Drive, I swapped in a 600cbr f3 engine I have it running top notch it handles good for what it is but Rifter asked about my plans for front suspension at the time I never gave any thought to it now I have wheels turning in my head again but this time I can't come up with anything that I can use.
My goal is to keep this cart looking as stock as possible and keep it at close to stock ride height.
I am also wondering what is the biggest tire and wheel combo I can run on a stock height cart? I would like to stick with Dot approved on road tires and possibly a 14" wheel.
As for the front suspension I am considering having a local race shop fabricate a new tubular control arm and running a Atv shock up front the reason I don't want to use atv control arms is the are generally to long and would stick far out from the front of the cart I am open to any and all ideas.
and for those of you who are curious here is a video of the cart running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIMR...ature=youtu.be
s10king91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Suspension Ideas? and tire and wheel? on Yamaha Drive with a 600cc m

14"s have to be Very low profile tire to work on stock drive without rubbing problems. And most oversize wheels/tires can barely touch the front bumper when at full steering lock (slight rub). This is very minor, you can just live with it, or space the bumper forward about 1/2". BTW, are you using the stock yamaha trans with 600 hooked to it? If so, how?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Suspension Ideas? and tire and wheel? on Yamaha Drive with a 600cc m

Cool build . Let's see some videos on the road.
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:15 PM   #4
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Cgtech, I am not using the stock rear end lol I actually am using a 1 1/4" chrome molly axle and billet wheel adapters
Tjequip, I will get some videos as soon as I can it's really freaking cold outside, I am trying to figure out the front suspension to make it stable got it over 65 and it's a mofo to control and that was only 2nd gear 8k rpm lol, Other thing is i think I need a bigger rear sprocket way to much top speed.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

cgtech what size would you recommend for 14" wheels?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:19 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Small, like 205/30-14". That cart sounds like a total blast! I've got ideas in my head for a kawi 550 bike motor in my old g9. Too much parts, not enough money.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:22 AM   #7
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

I forgot about the cold weather. It doesn't get very cold here, we ride all year long.
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #8
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

cgtech I had a G9 last year I built With a vegas cart engine it was quick but nothing compared to this monster. It's supposed to be almost 60 monday I will try and get a good video of it on pavement and post for you guys.

Tags
bike, custom, drive, suspension, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!