lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #1
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 12v Reducer and Fuse Box Install question

Hello all -

I am a novice when it comes to electrical work so any help with this would be much appreciated.

I have an LED light kit/horn, etc. from DoubleTake that i am trying to get working. I am using a reliance 12v reducer for my roypow lithium battery. Pretty confident my wiring from the reducer is correct, but have my doubts with the wiring from the reducer to the fuse box.

From the reducer wiring harness, i have the yellow wire going to going to batt +, black to batt - , green to my key switch, and red going to the + terminal on the bottom of my fuse block.

For my LED light kit / horn, there are only two wires (red & Black). I have the red going to the side of the fuse block with a 5amp fuse. The black wire going to the busbar (?) on the fuse block. Nothing connected to the negative terminal at the top of the fuse block.

I do have power to my key switch, but not to the light kit which is why I doubt my wiring to the fuse block is correct.

i have attached a diagram of the light kit with my finger pointed to the two red and black wires referenced above and the wiring from reducer to fuse block.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[ATTACH]IMG_4514.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_4502.pdf (17.95 MB, 0 views)
Jwade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2022, 04:04 PM   #2
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 12v Reducer and Fuse Box Install question

IMG_4514.pdf
Old 05-01-2022, 10:02 PM   #3
Bhager
Not Yet Wild

I don’t have experience with this fuse block specifically but judging from the picture looks like you are missing the ground into the fuse box. I see the red coming in from the 12 v reducer on the bottom post. That top post should have a ground front the reducer.
Bhager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:22 PM   #4
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

@bhager - Thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately, it does not appear there is a negative / ground to connect to the to negative post on the fuse box from the reducer.

There is a black wire from the reducer wiring harness that i have going to the Batt negative. Thats the only possible neg/ground wire that i have that could potentially connect to the fuse box, but then i would only have a positive going to the battery.

Does this help at all in figuring out how to get the 12v lights running?

Tags
12v accessories, doubletake led light kit, fuse box, reliance reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO